Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: So where are we now?

Rally

Quote Originally Posted by ZUKA View Post
    we need to be heard! we are not the problem of the violence, Liberal policies are! majority of people don"t know Canadian gun laws, Liberals are scaring people with guns that's why we lost this election. just to give you an idea I had a family dinner the other day and one of my relatives said that she will vote for the party witch will ban guns! and that is how they pooled it this time!
    If there is a Rally in Ottawa, I am there with “bells” on!

I’m with you!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpossum View Post
    [QUOTECdnCombatMedic I'm from Ontario but now in Manitoba. Wanting to separate from Canada, come on. I dont think you frankly understand. This extremism is only hurting the cause for firearms in Canada.
    Do you think confiscating firearms from competent law abiding citizens isn't extremism?...
    I know firearms aren't a right... but it is an earned privilege. Taking firearms from the most competent minority in Canada only hurts Canada.
    Punishing competence is wrong, no matter how you want to spin it.

I take pride in having a restricted license, its like having a gold medal of citizenship.I shouldn't have to relinquish that medal,because of extremism.
    I earned it.. it should be up to me to lose it,(competence) not anyone else.

Taking something away from someone who earned it, is divisive,unfair and corrupt.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothbore View Post
    From reading the election analysis, this is what seems interesting:

Canada has seen the rise of the city states--like in Europe in the Middle Ages.
    The population centres and knowledge industry and service jobs are
    increasingly centred in just three places: Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.

These are populations that are younger, more educated, ethnically diverse, and tolerant
    socially of issues like gay marriage, abortion, and the environment.

You cannot win a majority government without winning a substantial number of these seats.
    This is the political reality of Canada today.
    Strictly speaking, this is untrue. Montreal only has 18 ridings, Toronto 25, Vancouver 15... so 58 out of 338. This thinking is exactly why US Democrats lost their election in 2016.

It's hard to form a majority center-right government in Canada because our political Overton window leans center-left. As such, center-right thinkers tend to be a minority in many ridings, so we're half the vote but one-third of the seats.

Most politicians waffle on positions because it can take decades to change public opinion. The left has been indoctrinating youth through the school system for generations now but people tend to drift right as they gain affluence and our society is still pretty good at generating limited wealth.

This is why the hard left wants to lower the voting age to 16... To children who have never really had to fend for themselves, paying half their income in taxes, and who might welcome the idea of a nanny state extending their childhood.

Nobody who doesn't pay taxes should vote.

Realistically, we've almost certainly lost the AR-15, particularly any that are currently restricted. This is low hanging fruit for the Liberals to keep a campaign promise. I would think a buy-out of all restricted AR-15 platform rifles for a most unfair price and a move to prohibited status for all others with a ban on futures sales and imports.

The Liberals seem keen to reopen the "new deal for cities" clusterfcuk, to empower the cities to ban handguns. This would allow them to use the least legitimate level of government to enact their agenda, bypassing provincial legislatures. The legal framework to do this, however, doesn't really exist, and is even contradicted in the Constitution Act. Basically, this would be massive federal overreach which the provinces will fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by inky View Post
    Country’s almost in a recession, Libs can’t adore any buybacks, which they know don’t work against criminal’s use of firearms
    Ummm... Seriously?

The Liberals will borrow 100 billion dollars a year for the next two years to try and buy the next election. They'll call it stimulus precisely because the economy is slowing down, but they'll cause the slowdown with a back-breaking carbon tax.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamazing View Post
    I think we are in a stronger position then most of us think. Considering the tenuous grip that the Liberals have on the government and how radially divided the country is presently; any strongarm tactics pushed by the liberals regarding gun seizures will likely blow up in their faces.
    Massive noncompliance mixed with a divided country will plunge Canada into legal choas.

The turd has two choices: limpwrist his banning of "scarry looking guns" thus appeasing Lib croud or attenpt an ernest mass seizure of firearms across a polarized country that dont give a damn about his policies.
    By limiting the number of affected gun owners and providing a two-year compliance cycle, the Liberals can keep a popular promise (check the polls, people support this) without having to take a strong stand before the next election. And yes, they will call an election within two years to try and expand their mandate.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by lintocs View Post
    By limiting the number of affected gun owners and providing a two-year compliance cycle, the Liberals can keep a popular promise (check the polls, people support this) without having to take a strong stand before the next election. And yes, they will call an election within two years to try and expand their mandate.
    I agree with this.

Realistically any legislation will be ineffective given the current political situation.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

I hope the west separates or at least rattles the cage enough to make all of us here wake up.

One thing I hate more then anything is being a young person born, raised, and living in the Atlantic and being surrounded by people who are in la-la land when it comes to the reality of the economic struggle we are faced with. So many people just sit idly by not thinking about how our provinces are hindered by these balance payments, forcing a crutch underneath us and never allowing all of our provinces to succeed on our own merits.

The Maritimes has the ability to be financially secure but our attitude towards it just will not allow this shift in mentality needed - we end up competeing against one another for the scraps left behind rather then working together!

What I hope to see is that if the West can unite around one another, that we can too. If New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and PEI united and STOPPED fighting against one another, we could finally begin to pool our talents and resources to get ahead together. Confederation was SUPPOSED to be just us anyway!

I lend my voice of support to the Wexit pioneers as loudly as I can, because we hold you back, and by proxy it holds all of us back from achieving our true potential as a region. I care for my Maritime home deeply; and when you love something you know when it's time to bring on the tough love.

Cut the cord and let us sink or learn to swim Westerners, at least us folk raised by the sea know how to doggie paddle...I don't give much hope to the Centrals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    Canada is far from perfect but I would not want to live anywhere else. I'm from Ontario but now in Manitoba. Wanting to separate from Canada, come on. I dont think you frankly understand. This extremism is only hurting the cause for firearms in Canada.
    I agree.

Exit is like a marriage / divorce. Act in haste, repent at leisure and spend years looking at your diminished bank account.

It's a good gambit though, has worked wonders for PQ and right now Kenney is basically asking for par with PQ which is not unreasonable - unless you a PQ separatist or a member of our esteemed government.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lintocs View Post
    So if we get a two year reprieve, how will we best use the time? Something new and innovative or squander it dreaming that we have some kind of invisible hammer that will crush all resistance before it just by speaking the magic "No Compromise" phrase.

We're at a cross roads.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf