Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: So where are we now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    It's interesting to read these threads pretending that one is detached from the problem of losing their guns.

So many write like they are independent survivalists of the first order yet when it comes to doing something to save our guns it usually boils down to what the government of the day is going to do to us.

See the disconnect? All kinds of rash talk and then lay back and hope that the government trips up in some way. Don't sound like masters of our destiny do we?
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    So what do we do about it???
    This thread started from a good point. I totally agree with SmoothBore.
    Anti-gunners publish numerous articles to say that guns are threatening everyday Canadians. And in Toronto/Vancouver this is somewhat true.
    And pro-gunners try to refute these but the message is lost in the noise. Only the original headlines make it to the press.

I think that (maybe the CCFR) needs to take control of the conversation and point the gun crime blame at those in power. Lets show that the gun crime problem is a crime problem and hold those in power to blame. So the mayor and chief of police need to be blamed for letting this get out of control and staying out of control.

Only by focussing attention on the root of the problem will people get anything practical done. The Liberals are happy to take guns away from law abiding citizens if it makes it look like they've done something to combat gun crime. The shallow drama teacher who leads this country just doesn't care if it has an actual impact. It's only about winning votes and popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Sa View Post
    This thread started from a good point. I totally agree with SmoothBore.
    Anti-gunners publish numerous articles to say that guns are threatening everyday Canadians. And in Toronto/Vancouver this is somewhat true.
    And pro-gunners try to refute these but the message is lost in the noise. Only the original headlines make it to the press.

I think that (maybe the CCFR) needs to take control of the conversation and point the gun crime blame at those in power. Lets show that the gun crime problem is a crime problem and hold those in power to blame. So the mayor and chief of police need to be blamed for letting this get out of control and staying out of control.

Only by focussing attention on the root of the problem will people get anything practical done. The Liberals are happy to take guns away from law abiding citizens if it makes it look like they've done something to combat gun crime. The shallow drama teacher who leads this country just doesn't care if it has an actual impact. It's only about winning votes and popularity.
    Thank you for asking the question.

We add some extra juice to our toolbox and reach out to the wider society while taking the focus off our guns and putting it on ourselves as good citizens with rights to use and enjoy our property as we see fit.

Keep the good bits of our strategy, enhance them and add "Outreach" backed up by action on our part.

Check out the detailed plan in this link. I've ben hawking it for more than four years and the gun retail org in the USA started the same initiative to "do good to get good things" three years ago (link is my sig line).

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ism-is-welcome
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

I know there is a lot of talk of non-compliance with AR15's especially, but what are the odds of the government using an electronic crackdown method to force compliance on firearms they know you have and haven't turned in. By that I mean they don't even need to come to your house just look you up in the system and stop you in your tracks electronically. I'm no lawyer, would it even be legal for them do it that way? Leans on property, drivers license revoked, SIN flagged, pension froze, could prevent you from buying property or getting loans. Just a huge spit ball here?!. Is this a possible legal action?
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    Tell THIS pregnant woman who had to ruck up and defend the homestead and family that nobody needs an AR:
    https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/...home-invasion/

Full disclosure, I occasionally write for this site--Nick is one of our newer team members.
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    So if we get a two year reprieve, how will we best use the time? Something new and innovative or squander it dreaming that we have some kind of invisible hammer that will crush all resistance before it just by speaking the magic "No Compromise" phrase.

We're at a cross roads.
    Our best option is the courts... Every element of every piece of legislation needs to be contested. There are issues of property rights, civil rights, constitutional rights, self defense, freedom of association, Federal overreach... heck, breach of contract, jaywalking... everything and anything.

There's probably some wisdom in launching simultaneous lawsuits in different provinces too, since jurisprudence isn't really Canadian. A collection of class actions, one in each province, with the goal of making it too difficult or expensive to proceed.

We're many, they're few. Tie them up for years, maybe decades. Force them to amend the constitution and the charter of every province.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaker View Post
    I know there is a lot of talk of non-compliance with AR15's especially, but what are the odds of the government using an electronic crackdown method to force compliance on firearms they know you have and haven't turned in. By that I mean they don't even need to come to your house just look you up in the system and stop you in your tracks electronically. I'm no lawyer, would it even be legal for them do it that way? Leans on property, drivers license revoked, SIN flagged, pension froze, could prevent you from buying property or getting loans. Just a huge spit ball here?!. Is this a possible legal action?
    With a government leader that didn't lift a finger while two Albertans got beheaded in a foreign land in order to prove his cojones I wouldn't be surprised if they did everything that you have written plus a few things that we haven't thought of yet in order to force compliance.

Pressure tactics would be developed after seeing how the registry in PQ and the NZ gun grab goes.

I have some ideas what else they could do but I'm sure not going to feed it to them here.

In Canada she would have gone to jail for misuse of a restricted firearm (assuming it had a less than 18.5" barrel). Just loading it broke the law.

US examples aren't helpful here; it only confuses the issue by making people feel justified when the law is not on their side.

Our government uses US violence statistics to justify passing guns laws for crimes that are practically non-existent here.

Quote Originally Posted by lintocs View Post
    Our best option is the courts... Every element of every piece of legislation needs to be contested. There are issues of property rights, civil rights, constitutional rights, self defense, freedom of association, Federal overreach... heck, breach of contract, jaywalking... everything and anything.

There's probably some wisdom in launching simultaneous lawsuits in different provinces too, since jurisprudence isn't really Canadian. A collection of class actions, one in each province, with the goal of making it too difficult or expensive to proceed.

We're many, they're few. Tie them up for years, maybe decades. Force them to amend the constitution and the charter of every province.
    The courts are there in my recipe (post 173) but only as a last resort, not the pointy end of the spear because they are slow, expensive and the outcome is uncertain.

The High River / RCMP class action suit had a whole bunch of posters here wet with anticipation but it lost momentum before it ever went to court. The track record of other court actions has been hit and miss; mostly miss.

Study what's happening with carbon tax challenges by the Provinces (deep pockets) and see if that's where you want to roll the dice and the $$$$$?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by celichi View Post
    I’m with you!

Do you think confiscating firearms from competent law abiding citizens isn't extremism?...
    I know firearms aren't a right... but it is an earned privilege. Taking firearms from the most competent minority in Canada only hurts Canada.
    Punishing competence is wrong, no matter how you want to spin it.

I take pride in having a restricted license, its like having a gold medal of citizenship.I shouldn't have to relinquish that medal,because of extremism.
    I earned it.. it should be up to me to lose it,(competence) not anyone else.

Taking something away from someone who earned it, is divisive,unfair and corrupt.
    [/QUOTE]
    Ownership of firearms per se may not be a right in Canada, but property ownership is a long established right in this country, and we as a country should all be deeply concerned when a government is planning to confiscate rightfully owned property from law abiding citizens based on nothing but lies and misinformation and for no demonstrable benefit, against the demonstrated will of the majority. That in itself is already tyranny. Based on the whim of the muppet PM, they're going to confiscate your rightful property. How long until they decide you don't need to own two cars, or any car at all? How long until they decide you don't need a house, a government issued apartment will do? If anyone thinks these things can't happen, you're dreaming. One look at the hysteria and fear mongering over climate change and the depths of corruption and arrogance of the lieberals ought to convince you.