Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526272829303132333545 ... LastLast

Thread: So where are we now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Riflechair's Avatar
    CANADA - A growing cultural divide between urban and rural citizens. An ideologically driven professional class versus the middle class who just want to be left alone.

A nation divided down the middle. One side is indoctrinated by climate terror and the other is fighting to pay their bills while employed by the technology, vocational, resource and energy sectors.

At what point do you decide that separatism is inevitable and that the Maple Leaf no longer equitably represents respect, fairness and individual freedom?

Our patriotism is being tested.
    Maple Leaf Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Riflechair View Post
    CANADA - A growing cultural divide between urban and rural citizens. An ideologically driven professional class versus the middle class who just want to be left alone.

A nation divided down the middle. One side is indoctrinated by climate terror and the other is fighting to pay their bills while employed by the technology, vocational, resource and energy sectors.

At what point do you decide that separatism is inevitable and that the Maple Leaf no longer equitably represents respect, fairness and individual freedom?

In this point of time how would you describe the identity of Canada? What makes a Canadian a Canadian, in the context of a democratic process and how is patriotism being tested?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    In this point of time how would you describe the identity of Canada? What makes a Canadian a Canadian, in the context of a democratic process and how is patriotism being tested?
    That is a very good line, you raise some extremely valid points. We immigrated to Canada in 1982 as soon as we were eligible my family became Canadian citizens. We felt very strongly that if Canada was going to be our home and provide us a living we owed an allegiance to Canada.

Over time we came to realise that there was a lack of "Canadians", this was our one disappointment in Canada.I believe that this is because "Multiculturalism" is given more importance than been a Canadian. In simple terms this is the difference between the USA and Canada, the US is very patriot, I respect that, Canada is not, we often fail to pull together as Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by Riflechair View Post

Like you, I carried the flag on my shoulder for some time.

It has not been so long since I forgot what that was like and the burden I know it can be but now...it is so hard for me to look at this country and say it truly is united, that at our foundation we are all Canadian. I've often begun to consider myself a Maritimer first, but across the country I've met so many like minded men and women that at first it seems like the tangible threads of unity are there but the hold is weak and we are severely out numbered.

I think now, for me to say Canada first and to continue to uphold my previous oath...would require overseeing the breaking up of our confederation. I know for certain that my people here know very little of what it means to truly be a Westerner, and that most certainly no one in Ottawa knows what it means to be a Westerner or a Maritimer any longer.

I am ashamed for this, but I know it in my heart.

The only way for us to preserve our freedoms, is to step away from the centrally placed oversight and return to the local communities and cities, to support a direct regionalism and to allow those who know, lead.

I'm sorry this is the path I feel must be taken, and I'm sorry for our country. It has been said before that Canada is a country less often loved, and more so worried about...

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    So, agree with the lie or accept continual defeat?
    Anthropogenic Global Warming is not a lie. It is proven scientific fact.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    the earth naturally warms and cools and has done so thru millions of years. ... Climate change isn't a hoax, it's a normal process of the earth.
    This is a common misconception.

Climate change deniers like to point out that the Earth has warmed and cooled several times in the past, therefore any current changes are just a natural part of that cycle.

But that's ignorant. It presumes that such variances are random. They are not. Nothing changes for no reason. Past warming/cooling cycles can all be explained by scientific factors, such as the fact that our orbit and axial tilt have changed over time. The planet has drifted further away from the sun over time. The composition of the atmosphere used to be much different. The sun's activity level changes. Some periods in Earth's history were more volcanically active than others. Ocean currents, surface reflectivity, asteroid impacts, and much more. All such things conclusively explain the various warm/cool eras in our planet's past.

The problem is that the current warming trend cannot be ascribed to any such factors. According to all of those factors, and everything we know about Earth's history, the sun, the atmosphere, etc., we should be in a stable period. And yet we're warming. Atmospheric CO2 has dramatically increased, despite no meaningful variance in volcanic activity. The difference is us. It's a fact. All the evidence proves it. All the scientists agree.

If, in the face of all of that evidence, you continue to cling to the belief that it's a hoax, it only belies one's own willful ignorance.

Hey Bill Blair! This one is for you!

You could not control the gangs in Toronto, neither can Saunders.

This is what happens when only bad guys have guns.

This is where you are sending our country, I hope you realize this some day. .

https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexica...ld-crime-scene

Quote Originally Posted by Kombatnt View Post
    Anthropogenic Global Warming is not a lie. It is proven scientific fact.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
    The lie is that tax dollars will fix anything.

Someone really foolish once said - “The government says paying more taxes will make the weather better”

Quote Originally Posted by celichi View Post
    The lie is that tax dollars will fix anything.
    Well that's a different issue, and I'm not really sufficiently well versed in the proposed policy to comment intelligently on that.

But the actual warming itself, and our role in it, that's established scientific fact at this point.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kombatnt View Post
    This is a common misconception.

Climate change deniers like to point out that the Earth has warmed and cooled several times in the past, therefore any current changes are just a natural part of that cycle.

But that's ignorant. It presumes that such variances are random. They are not. Nothing changes for no reason. Past warming/cooling cycles can all be explained by scientific factors, such as the fact that our orbit and axial tilt have changed over time. The planet has drifted further away from the sun over time. The composition of the atmosphere used to be much different. The sun's activity level changes. Some periods in Earth's history were more volcanically active than others. Ocean currents, surface reflectivity, asteroid impacts, and much more. All such things conclusively explain the various warm/cool eras in our planet's past.

The problem is that the current warming trend cannot be ascribed to any such factors. According to all of those factors, and everything we know about Earth's history, the sun, the atmosphere, etc., we should be in a stable period. And yet we're warming. Atmospheric CO2 has dramatically increased, despite no meaningful variance in volcanic activity. The difference is us. It's a fact. All the evidence proves it. All the scientists agree.

If, in the face of all of that evidence, you continue to cling to the belief that it's a hoax, it only belies one's own willful ignorance.
    I do not cling to any belief that "Climate Change" is a hoax , of course climate change is real.
    The current "Climate Change Crisis" is what I refer to as a hoax.
    and here is why.I say this
    If governments were serious about dealing with climate change that is perceived as "human caused" they would force the nations at fault to immediately change.
    The "clean" countries of the world would cease to do business with those who refuse to clean up their acts.
    The "clean" countries of the world would stop sending their recycling and trash to foreign nations.
    The "clean" countries of the world would make cleaning the ocean a top priority
    I could go on.
    The Hoax is that while we sit here in our developed nation being burdened with ridiculous tools of the hoax like carbon tax and carbon credits..... millions of people in other countries are wantonly polluting our planet with zero accountability.
    The planet has too many people and no amount of taxation in the form of carbon offsets are going to solve the problem. That is why the whole movement is a hoax and they are now trolling out a child to be their climate messiah LOL
    How about we buckle down on the polluting nations and the corporations who take advantage of their lackluster environment laws and then clean up our oceans. Then see where we are at.