Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: So where are we now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Logic dictates that so called ‘assault rifles’ that are already neutered (pinned) to 5 rounds should be banned so there are less victims. Would their heads explode if they knew about rimfires with available drum mags holding over 100 rounds? I guess ‘assault rimfire’ doesn’t have the same ring to strike fear and trigger the masses.
    I wonder when we’ll get the hear the definition of ‘military style’.

Here's my take on things politically and with firearms. The conservatives lost that election. It was theirs to win but they threw it away. How did they throw it away? Populism and Social Conservatism. These are not values that most Canadians hold or support and they are definitely in short supply in major urban centers. Say what you will about those two things but if you back those political angles kiss your guns good bye because we aren't going to win any elections. The world has moved on and either we move with it or we get left behind. How do we counter this? You spend the $10 or whatever the membership fee is to join your preferred party and you vote for the leader that backs our position on firearms and not those two. We had some pretty clear choices last go around and we ended up with Maxime Bernier and Andrew Scheer, and look where that got us. We have to move back to center and focus our efforts on bringing Canadians with us. I'm a restricted firearms owner and active outdoorsman and I have no intention of giving up without a fight, but we have to examine whats more important to us. As for where we go from here, we fight it. We fight it in court, we fight it in the House of Commons and we fight it on the airwaves and in their mailboxes. I believe it was Wolverine .303 that posted some excellent form letters to use as a base template. If we all took the time to write a letter, print it off and put it in the mail even once every two weeks, they'd take notice. If we all made it our mission to bring a new friend to the range or introduce a young person to hunting when we can we'd grow our numbers. Our fight here isn't over, if anything it has to grow more intense, we have to be coordinated, disciplined, well spoken and courteous. Going on about "Libtards", "Snowflakes", and "illegitimate governments" will get us nowhere except relegated to the same region of the political spectrum as conspiracy theorists. I know you're all as upset as I am about what happened on election night, but now's not the time to fall apart at the seams. Let's put differences aside and focus on our common goal. We can fight this. Hell we can even still win this if we get our friends and and family that aren't as active in the community as we are involved. Write, Fight, Polite. Thank you all for reading this!

Yes, once again, what Quebec and Ontario want, the rest of us get stuck with. Other agendas at work, you bet, I believe it was Senator Sharon Carstairs, from Manitoba say, years ago, that (the wonderfully useless United Nations) wanted to have Canada re-engineered as a gun free society. my .02.

My riding is blue but that really does not matter in this situation at all

Will support any movement that we can collectively work on though and I am going to lose some sleep on this over the coming months that I do know......
    “A critic is someone who never actually goes to the battle, yet who afterwards comes out shooting the wounded”
    Tyne Daly

We can keep talking to people, trying to convince them that going after the legal owners is a waste of time.

But I think one thing that can be used to our advantage during these discussions is the financial cost.

We keep hearing, on a daily basis, about x billion dollars for this, x billion dollars for that.

We have over $700 billion in debt, and the gov, last year, ran a deficit of $14 billion. That means that they spent $14 billion dollars more than they brought in. I don't know about you folks, but if I spend more than I make, there's gonna be problems.

But what is a billion dollars? It's a number that the talking heads on the screen throw around like it's a dozen eggs.

Nobody knows what a billion dollars really is.

But everyone knows what a second is. There was one. Another just went by.

Anyone want to guess when a billion seconds ago was?

So I think another angle, in addition to the fact that the criminals will always have guns from the US, is to point out how much money this will cost, for no real change. Money that has to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is EVERYONE'S pockets.

Nobody wants to pay more taxes, no matter what party they voted for, unless they're really stupid.

So that's another angle.

Just my two cents.

Dave

The Conservatives need to get rid of Bland Scheer and find someone that can connect with the swing voters... a leader who says what he/she thinks and is fearless... otherwise CPC is not winning. This was an easy election to win but Scheer just could not connect. When I canvassed for the CPC in the GTA a lot of voters told me that they would vote CPC but they didn’t like Scheer and didn’t see a clear policy direction with him. The Wexit movement and western alienation will likely keep him busy, I hope for the sake of our firearms. Plus energy companies such as Encana and others are leaving to the US because of JT and the Libs Terrible policies.very likely CANADA will go into recession soon the way things are going under the Boy King JT.
    But now is the time to organize and challenge any bans that come... as JT and the libs are severely weakened despite them winning the election due to the Bland Campaign the Bland Soup Scheer ran.
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Populism and Social Conservatism. These are not values that most Canadians hold or support and they are definitely in short supply in major urban centers. Say what you will about those two things but if you back those political angles kiss your guns good bye because we aren't going to win any elections. The world has moved on and either we move with it or we get left behind.#
    This is simply false... canada may be filled with a bunch of cucks but populism itself has seen a rise in the western world...
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    there is only two answers

resist tyranny at all costs

and see my sigline

Super Moderator
    The Government has C-71 to finish implementing. That will be the first thing that they will do.

Uber Super GunNutz
    As long as the state-run media continues to churn out the state dictated propaganda we will see our rights slide away.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"