Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: So where are we now?

Well damn, looks like I may end in J/K wing of Kent after all. Sucks, but I really don't want to give into this tyrannical gun grab and since I don't have any childrens, I think this may have to be my line in the sand. I'll go peacefully, but I'm betting all of my firearms get "stolen" the night before.

Where are we at?

Same place I’ve always been at and will always be at...

“Molon Labe”

Dont worry Peter MacKay cometh....
    I take ma shirt off when I fry me some bacon!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    First rule for success… Never rely on one but yourself to take care of business.
    Last edited by caramel; 11-02-2019 at 05:50 AM.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishsteve View Post
    dont worry peter mackay cometh....
    please no..

Yes we gave seen the rise of populism, but we're also seeing the rejection of it as well. Look at the reaction to Doug Ford, and Maxime Bernier. Look at Britain. Populism is a reaction to disenfranchisement, and people are starting to react.

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerii View Post
    Yes we gave seen the rise of populism, but we're also seeing the rejection of it as well. Look at the reaction to Doug Ford, and Maxime Bernier. Look at Britain. Populism is a reaction to disenfranchisement, and people are starting to react.
    Populism is tricky. I don't think we've seen anything but the beginning of that wave. It will ebb and flow for the next 10 years.

Canada has seen the rise of the city states--like in Europe in the Middle Ages.
    The population centres and knowledge industry and service jobs are
    increasingly centred in just three places: Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.

These are populations that are younger, more educated, ethnically diverse, and tolerant
    socially of issues like gay marriage, abortion, and the environment.

You cannot win a majority government without winning a substantial number of these seats.
    This is the political reality of Canada today.
    So the liberal voter is younger, better educated , tolerant. So following your logic conservative voter is the opposite to that. You should do a better research my friend to really understand why libs hold the power

If I were younger without so many responsibilities and a family, I would gladly stand firm and not hand in squat if the hammer came down. Unfortunately martyring myself will only hurt those around me. I'm going to resist up to the point they knock on the door, and even then they are only getting the restricteds back.

Unlike most here, I'm fully aware that from a legal standpoint the restricted firearms are in reality signed over to the state from the get go. We are only their temporary custodians. This is why when C68 came into force the registration aspect was almost as important as the licencing. A registered gun will be an eventual confiscated gun.
    This is why I'm de-restricting as many firearms in my collection as possible, to reclaim legal ownership of them.

To be a devils advocate, a gun "buyback" is factual when it comes to your restricted firearms. A "buyback" is confiscation when it comes to your non-restricted (not registered) firearms. Both are theft in reality but legally one is correct in terminology.

So the liberal voter is younger, better educated , tolerant. So following your logic conservative voter is the opposite to that. You should do a better research my friend to really understand why libs hold the power
    I did not read anything in the post you quoted to infer anything about the conservative voter? Like Wolverine had hoped, and I myself, this thread is for good positive ideas and discussion. I believe more younger people are better informed with information at their fingertips than any generation before!

Instead of taking offence to your interpretation of what someone has said ask for some more information to base your decision off of. Just like I will ask of you, please save me a lot of time and inform me as to the real reasons why the liberals hold the power? I am really interested in how they can do it with all the really bad decisions they have made?