Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: So where are we now?

Democrats paid off media (liberals here) and their vehement bashing of AR-15 "deadly assault weapon" that shouldn't be in the hands of citizens just proved to be a life saving tool where a pregnant woman saved her husband and her daughter by firing at armed robbers who were kicking her husband in the head asking for money. This woman would have probably ended up in prison for using AR-15 if she were Canadian. The youtube video link is here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYD4Zj2eotw
    Last edited by anton520b; 11-02-2019 at 03:47 PM.
    How to make a difference in fight against the communists?
    1. Vote for CPC 2. Join CCFR and CSSA (not NFA ) 3. Write letters to your Member of Parliament 4. Continue to be upstanding citizen

I wish I could find it now but it eludes my search capabilities! When the tragedy happened in Norway a few years back, when a lot of people were shot, the media, possibly even Canadian media asked the person in charge of the country now you will have to implement stricter laws and rules around firearms because that just takes care of these things, you know. The response was incredible, you can't legislate a random act of lunacy I believe it was or along those lines. That was the most common sense thing ever heard at the time regarding firearms used for violence and it quickly vanished from the media. Not spectacular enough? Made too much sense? Gun violence? Time and time again we have seen inanimate objects targeted and take the blame for the actions of the people controlling them. Gun violence? I have never heard of a gun just randomly shooting or pistol whipping someone without another person involved. Except maybe Hollywood. Time and again in my local papers I read the court news and people prohibited from having firearms are being charged all the time, if you follow these stories long enough you usually see a majority of these charges being dropped or reduced to lesser ones! Is the vast majority of Canadians outside the firearm community obtuse to the fact that they themselves are prohibited from possessing firearms in Canada. Unless they have taken the training courses and been background checked and deemed ok etc. to be issued the proper documentation to even purchase ammunition let alone be in possession of a firearm! Do these people think that a prohibited persons hands will burst into flames or something if they touch a firearm? The only thing is a person knowing the law and then making a choice as to whether are going to follow the law or not! These people are criminals.

How do the organizations representing us to the government and the rest of society get this message out to the un informed masses that just believe the garbage they are being told it will make them safer? I can't imagine how many lives have been save because someone said I guess I can't go out and rape or mug someone tonight because this stolen firearm in my possession is illegal for me to have and I am going to turn it in now that I'm aware of it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Smoothbore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shuraparabellum View Post
    So the liberal voter is younger, better educated , tolerant. So following your logic conservative voter is the opposite to that. You should do a better research my friend to really understand why libs hold the power
    First off, I was sharing the analysis of what I read.

What I am saying is that you cannot win a majority government without winning a big percentage of the three
    main urban areas of Tornonto, Montreal, and Vancouver. These areas have the largest population and are growing the fastest.
    And the population in these urban areas have views that are (currently) more liberal than conservative.

So the Conservative Party needs to consider how better to appeal to a wider base than its current 30--35 percent.
    There is no reason it couldn't do this.
    Last edited by Smoothbore; 11-02-2019 at 04:35 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothbore View Post
    First off, I was sharing the analysis of what I read.

What I am saying is that you cannot win a majority government without winning a big percentage of the three
    main urban areas of Tornonto, Montreal, and Vancouver. These areas have the largest population and are growing the fastest.
    And the population in these urban areas have views that are (currently) more liberal than conservative.

So the Conservative Party needs to consider how better to appeal to a wider base than its current 30--35 percent.
    There is no reason it couldn't do this.
    the views of those who cling to the liberal cause are views of manipulated sheeple ….. it is not up to the conservative party to tell them the error of their ways.
    It is up to those people to pull their heads out of the sand , get off the facebook/twitter/leftist media Koolaid and give up their sense of entitlement or society itself will collapse around them. It is inevitable.

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    Can someone tell me tell this... the election was Oct 21st...
    And nothing is happening till at least Nov 20th
    Is a month delay "Normal " ?

I have no personal insider information, but have read comments about a Civil war going on behind closed doors at the liberal party!
    I will add this as well... the Push by MSM, could be in part, to cut the head off the Conservatives party, Andrew Scheer, in case of a Snap election!
    CCFR CSSA CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer just having some fun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockport guy View Post

I have no personal insider information, but have read comments about a Civil war going on behind closed doors at the liberal party!
    I will add this as well... the Push by MSM, could be in part, to cut the head off the Conservatives party, Andrew Scheer, in case of a Snap election!
    the month delay was for mr dressup to come up with a Balanced cabinet ...... M/F .... or the most yes People in cabinet... he will have to have a private meeting with everyone,

Just a opinion

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax148 View Post
    Norway ... you can't legislate a random act of lunacy
    I don't know about the Norway quote.

But here are similar.

"You cannot legislate against human madness."
    -- Premier Jean Charest

“You cannot legislate against the acts of a madman”
    -- Home Secretary Leon Brittan

"You cannot legislate against insanity"
    -- then Justice Minister Doug Lewis in 1989 after Marc Lepine

One cannot legislate the maniacs off the street... these maniacs can only be shut down by an armed citizenry. Indeed bad things can happen in nations where the citizenry is armed, but not as bad as those which seem to be threatening our disarmed citizenry in this country at this time.
    -- Jeff Cooper

Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem.
    We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.
    -- Jon Stewart

I believe the Quebec Premier Jean Charest quote was at the funeral of Anastasia DeSousa (Dawson 2006)
    Last edited by rangebob; 11-02-2019 at 05:53 PM.

I hope that the libs will wake up and give up this whole gun bans crap, that would be nice. I doubt that will happen..so where are we? We are pretty much at a crossroads, each one of us to decide how they want to proceed, give up your guns when the doorbell rings...or so NO and face the music. CGN doesnt have the answer...we all know that.
    Liberal party of Canada- Useless since 1867

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockport guy View Post
    Justin announced his first Cabinet Nov 4 2015.
    The last federal election, they didn't return until Thursday, December 3, 2015 for the Crown Speech.
    The first real Bill (C-2) was tabled Dec 9 2015.

I am in a similar spot as I was before the election except I am a bit further down the confusion hole. I don’t know how the conservatives will ever pull off a victory if they couldn’t this time. I don’t know how much more BS the liberals will spread, clearly people believe them. All this makes me really wonder where we are headed in this country. Real men are disappearing, we are giving more and more to the gov everyday with nothing in return. Welfare and safe injection sites are good to go but CPP is drying up. Most people seem to think this is ok. Help and except everyone except the people Holding this country together, May as well hand in our nuts with the guns.