Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2434363738394041424344454647484950515254 ... LastLast

Thread: So where are we now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    Our votes don't matter anyways. Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal will keep electing libs to rule even if you stop all immigration. That train has left the station in 1968.

This topic is getting too toxic for me anyways. I apologize to anyone I offended, it was not my intention.
    Given that Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal have a LOT more population than AB and SK together, it's normal that they have more elected representatives.

If you want people to vote your way, convince them. Whining like a snowflake and calling people libtards might make you feel good for 5 seconds, but it also ensure your electoral defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Given that Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal have a LOT more population than AB and SK together, it's normal that they have more elected representatives.

If you want people to vote your way, convince them. Whining like a snowflake and calling people libtards might make you feel good for 5 seconds, but it also ensure your electoral defeat.

Truth, but those five seconds.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by celichi View Post
    Some people need to see pictures / charts to process, those are excellent!
    The reasoning is that different approaches work on different committee members. Sometimes more than one technique is needed to get those votes or give the legislators the political cover they need to vote for the bill in question. Most of us political-types like to think we are pretty left-brained decision makers: we use the logical statistical side of our brain to make those tough voting decisions. The truth is we all make our decisions at the gut level. But we do not want to tell anybody that, so we have to have the statistics to back up what our gut told us. That is why statistics can be twisted in various ways to make them support what you already want to believe.
    A good lobbyist will make certain to have both types of testimony on hand, statistical and emotional, not only for the committee members, but also for the inevitable media who attend gun-control debates. If you are testifying, and unless you are the numbers guy, speak from the heart, quote very few statistics unless you want to put everyone to sleep, and do not read your speech. The members can read just fine and probably faster than you can say it out loud. Feel free to use notes so you do not lose your message to nervousness. Outlines work well for many people. Make sure you have a beginning, a middle, and an end.
    -- "From Luby's to the Legislature" pg 163 by Suzanna Gratia Hupp, former Republican member of the Texas House of Representatives

This thread has gone off the rails......

I unfortunately believe they will never stop until they take everything.

If we don’t come together and stop fighting about other issues and focus on our one common issue we are lost.

I foresee us turning into the UK.

*sigh*

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    I don't post the graphs because I like the graphs.

I post the graphs in the hope that they'll be mass emailed to every Toronto city councilor, every Ontario provincial MPP, every federal MP and Senator.

I post the graphs in the hope that they'll be used on twitter and facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by rangebob View Post
    I don't post the graphs because I like the graphs.

I post the graphs in the hope that they'll be mass emailed to every Toronto city councilor, every Ontario provincial MPP, every federal MP and Senator.

I post the graphs in the hope that they'll be used on twitter and facebook.
    Consider it done, my homework for tonight.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangebob View Post
    The reasoning is that different approaches work on different committee members. Sometimes more than one technique is needed to get those votes or give the legislators the political cover they need to vote for the bill in question. Most of us political-types like to think we are pretty left-brained decision makers: we use the logical statistical side of our brain to make those tough voting decisions. The truth is we all make our decisions at the gut level. But we do not want to tell anybody that, so we have to have the statistics to back up what our gut told us. That is why statistics can be twisted in various ways to make them support what you already want to believe.
    A good lobbyist will make certain to have both types of testimony on hand, statistical and emotional, not only for the committee members, but also for the inevitable media who attend gun-control debates. If you are testifying, and unless you are the numbers guy, speak from the heart, quote very few statistics unless you want to put everyone to sleep, and do not read your speech. The members can read just fine and probably faster than you can say it out loud. Feel free to use notes so you do not lose your message to nervousness. Outlines work well for many people. Make sure you have a beginning, a middle, and an end.
    -- "From Luby's to the Legislature" pg 163 by Suzanna Gratia Hupp, former Republican member of the Texas House of Representatives
    Unfortunately nothing that we've done to date seems to be getting to the GTA anti gun advocates, they're at it again according to CP24 right now.

National handgun ban on the basis of a Toronto City Council resolution. They really do think that they run the country.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

So I guess December 5, 2019 is the day of reckoning.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    Unfortunately nothing that we've done to date seems to be getting to the GTA anti gun advocates, they're at it again according to CP24 right now.

National handgun ban on the basis of a Toronto City Council resolution. They really do think that they run the country.
    Yes, in their minds the greater Toronto area IS Canada....

Big and small of it. The world we live in today, where we are and where we're headed. We're gonna lose, it's a uphill battle and we're on the low ground. Times and people have changed. The want and need for guns is becoming taboo.
    "People who have never owned or used one claim that the Remington pump guns are not as accurate as their bolt guns.

And the people who own and shoot them just chuckle at those statements."