Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28384041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: So where are we now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lintocs View Post
    Preaching to the choir... Nobody outside the community saw this interview. Heck, I didn't see it
    CCFR Confronts Bill Blair About GUN BANS!
    Oct 6 2019, 34 minutes

http://y2u.be/04amdjAqlNY

17.9 million people cast a ballot for the 2019 federal election. (65.95 per cent of eligible voters)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    bill blair is a stinking rotting pile of excrement.
    that's about as polite as I can put it.

Quote Originally Posted by rangebob View Post
    CCFR Confronts Bill Blair About GUN BANS!
    Oct 6 2019, 34 minutes

http://y2u.be/04amdjAqlNY

17.9 million people cast a ballot for the 2019 federal election. (65.95 per cent of eligible voters)
    25k views, 2 million gun owners, 17.9 million voters... Practically nobody saw this. We understand, for context, an 85 year old Canadian sports commentator lost his job for some off color remarks and is getting national media coverage in both Canada and the US.
    Last edited by lintocs; 11-13-2019 at 09:22 PM.

I’m not sure what is going to happen with gun control, but I know come next provincial elections I will be casting my vote for a separatist party.

CGN Regular
    Heard the liberals and the bloc will be working closely together.so any legislation needing to pass will be easy for them including gun control

Quote Originally Posted by jagermyster View Post
    Heard the liberals and the bloc will be working closely together.so any legislation needing to pass will be easy for them including gun control
    Seems very unlikely. The NDP, sure, but the Bloc has pledged not to support the government unless it's in the interest of Quebec.

The Bloc also have more to lose, since they need to differentiate themselves from the Liberals in Quebec.

I sure hope you are right.

I wouldn't be so sure, however. Still have the Long Gun Reg. in Qc, as well as certain vocal gun control groups.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lintocs View Post
    Seems very unlikely. The NDP, sure, but the Bloc has pledged not to support the government unless it's in the interest of Quebec.

The Bloc also have more to lose, since they need to differentiate themselves from the Liberals in Quebec.
    Saw a summary in the media recently where "gun control" was conspicuously mentioned as a point of cooperation. wish I'd noted it more carefully because I don't know if it came from the Bloc leader or from the "journalist" to "build expectations".
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Remember the provincial government in Quebec is conservative (the CAQ). The Bloc has to balance their cooperation in Ottawa with cooperation in Quebec City.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    if jagmeet doesn't like turdo's plan for pharmacare he already stated his party will vote down the throne speech.
    in a blurb on global this morning turdo ran off a quick list of 6 or 7 top priorities and gun control was not among them...… probably means nothing but that was this mornings news on global bc anyways.