Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1911 A1 US Army perfect reproduction 379.00 USD in Canada

Awesome review, thanks for taking the time.
    I am proud supporter of the: Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, Firefighters, Paramedics, Border Control
    Basically, if your put your life in danger to better this country, you have my respect.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    An update for You Guys. Couple of warm days here, so I booked one off and drove to the range. Decided to do 200 rounds break-in with 100 FMJ Winchester white box and 100 Herter's FMJ. Both 230 grain. I tossed in 2 Ed Brown's 7 round magazines to the mix to see how the pistol will perform with the aftermarket magazine.
    Bad:
    - The trigger is still pretty gritty and heavy, so it takes more effort than usual to be accurate with the pistol, but it's certainly able to deliver more than I can. I'll wait till 1000 rounds mark to see if the trigger job will be required.
    Good:
    - Sights are actually decent and I may paint the front sight with orange nail polish, but otherwise I'm satisfied with them.
    - Not a single problem of any kind during 200 rounds session. Pistol ejected the empties around 1.5 meter to the right, no failures to feed...no nothing. Ran 100% and smooth!
    - All the magazines were dropped free.
    - No signs of any dings on the casings, positive firing pin strikes.

I tried to learn the trigger. Initially it took me 11 rounds to knock down 6 steel plates at 15 meters. By the end I was able to do the same trick with 7. I need more practice and paint the front sight.

This is the very first magazine. 7 rounds at 5 meters.

Rapid fire (as quickly as I was able to work the trigger) at 3 meters. Red circle. Plate is 8 inch wide. One hole at the bottom is actually an attempt of a single hand shooting at 25 meters (I don't know how they are doing it - I missed 6 out of 7).

Empties retrieved from the snow. No visible deformation or other issues there...

3 meters slow fire.

5 meters...very slow fire.

As you can see, I decided to put my gym gloves on to prevent any chance of hammer bite. I don't think it happened though. Top of my palm was barely pink from the recoiling gun after 200 rounds.

So far, so good. Dirty gun at the end of the day.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

Nestor nice review and pictures!
    sm
    MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Member CCFR

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Interested for sure!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    It looks like these are back in stock.

https://www.irunguns.ca/product_deta...ack-finish-7rd

Ok, took it apart for cleaning and I can share some more information. Plunger tube is pinned not glued, but the pins appear to be hollow inside. The smaller ones for ejector are what appears to be the roll pins, but the ejector is pinned, which sure is a good news. With better light I was able to see more details. No unusual wear. Trigger is still GI awful, but workable. Nice touch is the pattern on the front of the trigger (take a look at one of the pictures). You will be able to see the molding marks on the hammer and slide stop. Comes with $350 (US) price tag I guess, but MIM hammers are typical those days on even more expensive guns. Cleaned, re-assembled and ready for more of good time. Initial impression - very positive and hoping for trigger pull to improve, as this is the only downside so far. Cheers!

Last edited by Nestor; 11-24-2019 at 10:53 PM.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

BANNED
    Thanks for the pics and review nester

Very much appreciate such a thorough review with pictures!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hatman1793 View Post
    I would buy that over the chi-com junk any day.
    The Turks make some of the BEST shotguns on the planet today. Their BHP's have been vindicated by people who know quality.

JMB's iconic, revolutionary, longevity insured designed 1911 45acp pistol is generationless. No one makes Lugers or P38's, the iconic Colt SAA is a niche revolver, but the Turks are making BHPs & now 1911's.

The price is right. Buy one.
    LOL! Really?

I am intrigued by this as well. Especially at that price point. HOWEVER. I'm going to wait patiently to make sure this isn't as "too good to be true" as it clearly appears.
    We'll see how it stacks up against the "Chinese junk" 1911A1's over a bit of time and more users shooting them......
    I will keep shooting my 1911A1 Norc "junk" pistol which has run flawlessly for years over thousands of rounds with zero issues until others in country Beta test these.
    Last edited by Travis Bickle; 11-25-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

I'm always finding intriguing that during the discussions here a lot of members are usually expressing years of experience and thousands of rounds with the particular firearms. However on the exchange forum it's very hard to buy a used firearm with more than 1k rounds on the clock. I wouldn't call everything Norinco "junk". I own excellent quality SKS by Norinco. I used to own a semi-decent 1911 that would make a good platform to build on, but I've also owned another 1911 from China that wasn't properly heat treated and M93 copy that disintegrated in my hands into many, small parts on the 3 magazine since new.
    Perhaps it's worth noting that this 1911 by Tisas was tested South of the border for the last 6 or 7 years. There is a video made by Hickok 45 dated back to 2013 reviewing Tisas 1911A1.
    Personally I would buy another Norinco 1911 if the price would be around $300. Anything over and it makes more sense to buy better pistol for slightly more. Cheers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast