Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: New Take-Off Cold Hammer Forged Barrels - $99! Clear-out!

My buddy is looking for one if anyone else has an extra that they won't be using. PM me if so.

I might have one , make me a offer

Pm'd

Just picked one of these off a great CGNer who took pity on me haha. My gun background is mainly FN-Fal, Ak, Lee Enfields etc. and very limited on the AR platform.
    Building my first AR so I would appreciate any info/quirks that I should need about these barrels.
    Thank-you in advance.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by TANK1867 View Post
    Just picked one of these off a great CGNer who took pity on me haha. My gun background is mainly FN-Fal, Ak, Lee Enfields etc. and very limited on the AR platform.
    Building my first AR so I would appreciate any info/quirks that I should need about these barrels.
    Thank-you in advance.
    Dave
    Great barrel, uses a mid length gas tube. Other than that everything is straight forward. Lots of video’s on YouTube that will help you with your build.

Quote Originally Posted by M&P 40 View Post
    Great barrel, uses a mid length gas tube. Other than that everything is straight forward. Lots of video’s on YouTube that will help you with your build.
    Thank-you, it seems lately I tend to overthink the obvious. I'm almost embarrassed to say the amount of time I've spent learning about gas tube lengths, but more knowledge is better. So much bad info out there I tend to revert back to CGN for advice.

Thank-you, it seems lately I tend to overthink the obvious. I'm almost embarrassed to say the amount of time I've spent learning about gas tube lengths, but more knowledge is better. So much bad info out there I tend to revert back to CGN for advice.
    There is absolutely no shame in seeking training. The more you know, the better it is. Especially with little details and god knows that there's a lot of little details in guns lol

Sometimes its that detail that will make your gun FTF/FTE...

Realistically you don't NEED training. The beauty with the AR platform is that it's so easy to deal with. One thing that's needed is an amourer's wrench (just look up AR15 wrench) and a torque wrench to tighten that sucker down to a certain torque range which you don't want to exceed. When I built mine, though, the wrench didn't fit the barrel nut so I Just tightened it as much as I could with a crescent wrench and it never gave me problems for the few months that I had it. If you want to be fancy, you can get an adjustable gas block. Also if you're putting a free floating handguard on there, be sure to make note of the barrel nut. Some barrel nuts have flat spots to time the handguard which is more annoying to throw on (tightening, loosening, shimming, retightening until the handguard sits properly) while some barrel nuts don't need to be timed, just slip it on and tighten.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogalooNib View Post
    Realistically you don't NEED training. The beauty with the AR platform is that it's so easy to deal with. One thing that's needed is an amourer's wrench (just look up AR15 wrench) and a torque wrench to tighten that sucker down to a certain torque range which you don't want to exceed. When I built mine, though, the wrench didn't fit the barrel nut so I Just tightened it as much as I could with a crescent wrench and it never gave me problems for the few months that I had it. If you want to be fancy, you can get an adjustable gas block. Also if you're putting a free floating handguard on there, be sure to make note of the barrel nut. Some barrel nuts have flat spots to time the handguard which is more annoying to throw on (tightening, loosening, shimming, retightening until the handguard sits properly) while some barrel nuts don't need to be timed, just slip it on and tighten.
    Thank-you, I decided on a slip on and tighten handguard as I wanted an 11".
    My question of the day is, the ACR barrel has two grooves under where the gas block was previously installed, will a normal low profile gas block with set screw work or is there a specific gas block with pins needed?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456