Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cadex 408 Cheytac

Cadex 408 Cheytac

Was wonder if any one here had some experience with the 408cheytac Cadex, looking at maybe getting the whole rifle or just the Action.
    I am not even sure How much beer I drank Toyad.

every time someone mentions .408 cheytac i have to watch the movie Shooter...looks like its just you and me Mark Wahlberg
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Uber Super GunNutz
    I am running a Cadex 375CT. Are you looking for 408 info in particular?

I have heard that the 375CT is somewhat better in getting access to brass, bullet, I am not sure at the moment, both are a good choice. are you happy with the Cadex 375CT, how far have you shoot out to? iS the 408Cheytac a big hypes or it is as good as they say?
    Last edited by GunBoy; 11-09-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Overall I am very happy with my 375 and would absolutely recommend it.

I did replace the trigger; I did not like the DX2 and easily dropped in a TriggerTech.

I made multiple hits at 1467m at this years’ Valcartier ELR match with it, and the misses at 1700m were bungled wind calls.

I have had no trouble with components; Mystic Precision had brass, Hirsch and Bullseye London Bullets. I’m using Whidden dies, make sure you have a press that will handle the larger diameter dies.

I’ve never shot a 408, but the 375 was very easy to get shooting. It took about 4 sessions to find a sub-minute load: Mine is a 10” twist and likes 377MTACs at 2875.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    A friend has a 408.

When I was looking he recommended 375. Apparently easier to find stuff. If he were to do it again, he would go 375.

408 is more popular in the States. Applied Ballistics is making the 375 EnABLER a big thing.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Thank you for the Great Info: is 375CT then.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    A friend has a 408.

When I was looking he recommended 375. Apparently easier to find stuff. If he were to do it again, he would go 375.

408 is more popular in the States. Applied Ballistics is making the 375 EnABLER a big thing.
    Absolutely agree. Love my Cadex 408, but brass and bullets are just in better supply for the 375CT. Considering that a 375ct just nailed 4400yds, it is no slouch either.

Add: I originally went with 408ct because it was not 50bmg (upsizing of reloading components, components subject to scarcity) and it realistically had a very high BC bullet in the 420gr cutting edge. But in the meantime, 375ct really has developed into it's own. Bullet technology has really advanced this caliber. I didn't want .416 as it was simply a derivative of the 50bmg case.
    Last edited by Dude in G.P.; 11-15-2019 at 08:15 AM. Reason: add comment
    Yep, it's like that.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    And the friend I typed of.

Believe you were a good influence on me.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Cartridge pros and cons aside, the main problem is that the market hasn't bought on to it en mass like they did with 6.5 Creedmore or 17 HMR.

Something can be the greatest cartridge in the world, it will die on the vine unless the market wants it, shy of things like 10mm that remain on life support.

Making things worse for the 408 is that practically no major users have bought onto it. Armies have 338 Lapua as medium rifles and 50s as large rifles (7.62/308 as small), and there's no need for a 4th option.

I recommend not getting one, because the market has spoken and the masses haven't bought into it.
    I don’t have a signature block.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast