CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Russians Have Landed! Mosin Nagants in Stock

Guys, no matter how many times you say that you paid 1 dollar for one in 1930, the prices will not go down anymore lol...they will just go up from now on. As much as it pains me to get this late in the surplus firearms interest, i still think that a lot of firearms today sell for much more if you want to opt for rugged and dependable stuff

You know when I first bought one they actually paid ME to take it from them! Took 20, loaded them up in the back of my '57 DeVille and used the $5 they gave me to fill the tank, buy some smokes, see a movie and spent the change on a down payment.

Yep, those were the days.

They do clean up nice...

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
    Select Shooting Supplies
    200 Preston Parkway
    Cambridge, Ontario
    N3H 5N1

(519) 219-4867

Visit our Website
    Like us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

Hey Ryan,
    Just a quick thanks for the rifle. It does look really nice. I just happened to open the box today and dealt with the cosmoline heaven. It took me about 5 hours of cleaning and disassembly, lol. All needed now is a heat treatment for the stock.

For those wondering, all numbers seem to match on the rifle except for the bayonet.

Cheers

Uber Super GunNutz Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    I used to put SKS stocks in the oven on low heat. I'd put the butt on a aluminum pie plate and the cosmo would run slowly down into it. I'd wipe it every 20 minutes with paper towel. These were NOS Chinese ones and it was shocking how much came out.
    A Mosin stock is too long to fit in an oven but maybe a gun box with a blow dryer on each end.

Thanks, i have seen a lot of ways to do it. My safest bet is to wait for the summer sun to do the job for me...if i can wait this long that is ! Hehe

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    I used to put SKS stocks in the oven on low heat. I'd put the butt on a aluminum pie plate and the cosmo would run slowly down into it. I'd wipe it every 20 minutes with paper towel. These were NOS Chinese ones and it was shocking how much came out.
    A Mosin stock is too long to fit in an oven but maybe a gun box with a blow dryer on each end.
    Pizza Oven??
    CCFR CSSA CPC

Quote Originally Posted by rockport guy View Post
    Pizza Oven??
    Brilliant!

man i wish i would of bought more crates of these when they were cheaper.
    I like guns

I went to a gun auction in Abbotsford around 25 yrs ago and 2 mosins in the grease couldn't get a $25 opening bid. I was after .303's back then and paid $45 dollars for a block of rust Ross rifle. Should've got the Mosin's.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast