Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter update Nov 12 2019 FURTHER UPDATE DEC 10

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_s View Post
    If I was to order one today what would the lead time be?
    They have been saying late spring early summer of 2020. From what I know once the lowers for run 2 are done they keep on making lowers for run 3, then switch out the tooling in all the machines to make uppers again. Contact ATRS for the true explanation on timelines.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MountedMadness View Post
    1. “Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.” In short, the government that has the gun and is prepared to use them, has power far greater than the people it rules.
    2. "Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party." In short, disarm the people since the government is the only one that should have a gun and power that comes with it.

Frankly, Mao Tse Tung's quotes reflect the mindset of the Liberal Party of Canada when it comes to Canadians, our values and freedoms. It's worked in democratic countries (i.e.: Venezuela) and it's slowly turning this ship we call Canada into the storm. Subtle but effective.
    I don't want to derail this thread, but:

1. All governments enforce their will through violence. (What do you think the police are?)
    2. All governments maintain a monopoly of force. (You can't take justice into your own hands without running into 1.)
    CCFR & CSSA Member

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handguns.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawildqc View Post
    ATRS awnsered already to that question before : If you pay in full, you receive a S/N and they will work on your property. When you will have the Modern Sporter, its at your will if you want give it back to Turdeau or not. Since C71 have not the royal assent yet, your tyranny gov. won't know about your property. You're choice to comply or not.

This is not necessarily accurate, as C71 has received royal assent. It however, has not been enacted, nor have any memo's been issued to firearms businesses.
    I personally am thinking that it likely won't be brought in to effect/force during this government's term.

Why? Simple. There's no "political profit". They never established the infrastructure to build the web portal for average Joe to verify a PAL online. They have not hired additional call center staff to handle assigning a 'reference number' for every single non restricted transfer. They have no hired additional law enforcement to enforce this. In fact, I see most police departments in the news right now are talking about budget cuts and job losses. Why should this matter, when Trudy obviously has no issues spending all of our money on a whim? Simple. Any motion through the house of commons on a budgetary matter, is considered a vote of confidence. They fail ONE vote, and the government dissolves and either another party is allowed to attempt to gain the confidence of the house, or we go to an election again.

Now, the media says the liberals "won" this election, but that's only a figure of speech. Every other party made gains, got more seats, got more of the popular vote than they had 4 years ago. The liberals lost seats, lost a good chunk of the popular vote... and realistically have lost the confidence of Canadians.

To average Joe, C71 is passed, liberals did stuff for gun control, and there will be zero media coverage of 'this bill is now enacted'. So you're talking a HUGE risk for the Liberals to take, trusting that every NDP MP vote along with them, and put that sort of a motion forward. Politically speaking, it's the equivalence of putting their heads in the guillotine to check if the basket is full and trusting the NDP to hold the rope. From the NDP perspective, another election probably means stealing more liberal ridings, and more political relevance...

Quote Originally Posted by Carton775 View Post
    I ordered mine yesterday and it could go as far as November 2020
    Who said that???

Orders placed now are looking at a late spring, early summer delivery. We're looking May/June, tentatively.

Quote Originally Posted by ezbeatz View Post
    When do you think the entire second order will be complete? I imagine a good portion is already done.
    Sorry, I'm not stopping shipping to count that.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    This is not necessarily accurate, as C71 has received royal assent. It however, has not been enacted, nor have any memo's been issued to firearms businesses.
    I personally am thinking that it likely won't be brought in to effect/force during this government's term.

Why? Simple. There's no "political profit". They never established the infrastructure to build the web portal for average Joe to verify a PAL online. They have not hired additional call center staff to handle assigning a 'reference number' for every single non restricted transfer. They have no hired additional law enforcement to enforce this. In fact, I see most police departments in the news right now are talking about budget cuts and job losses. Why should this matter, when Trudy obviously has no issues spending all of our money on a whim? Simple. Any motion through the house of commons on a budgetary matter, is considered a vote of confidence. They fail ONE vote, and the government dissolves and either another party is allowed to attempt to gain the confidence of the house, or we go to an election again.

Now, the media says the liberals "won" this election, but that's only a figure of speech. Every other party made gains, got more seats, got more of the popular vote than they had 4 years ago. The liberals lost seats, lost a good chunk of the popular vote... and realistically have lost the confidence of Canadians.

To average Joe, C71 is passed, liberals did stuff for gun control, and there will be zero media coverage of 'this bill is now enacted'. So you're talking a HUGE risk for the Liberals to take, trusting that every NDP MP vote along with them, and put that sort of a motion forward. Politically speaking, it's the equivalence of putting their heads in the guillotine to check if the basket is full and trusting the NDP to hold the rope. From the NDP perspective, another election probably means stealing more liberal ridings, and more political relevance...
    The only rub would be if they use an order in council to enact some sort of ban. That would more than likely be political suicide but let’s be honest this isn’t the brightest bunch.

Got mine yesterday, looks great! Assembly time!

Should get mine any day now I'm jacked. Just gotta pick the colors for cerakote

Quote Originally Posted by Keegs239 View Post
    if that's the case, pick them fast and let us know in advance.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegs239 View Post
    Color'S'????????

sounds like blasphemy to me.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Deleted
    Last edited by Len One O; 06-01-2020 at 10:20 AM.