Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter update Nov 12 2019 FURTHER UPDATE DEC 10

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    This is the only firearms related Canadian company I deal with that has their act together. From the time you order to the time you receive you need not to have a care in the world.

Sit back, grab a beer and relax.
    This. So much this. I have made 3 orders with ATRS, it was the most painless process I have ever had so long as you are patient and don't harass them. I never contacted them during the manufacturing of my items, and all were provided to me in as timely of a manner and as close to on schedule as feasibly possible provided the circumstances with the odd equiptment failure or on the case of my MV the proof barrel took a while to cross the border.

Rick's shop is run by a bunch of class act individuals that have a reputation to maintain, and they have nothing to gain by holding up production or with holding delivery of customer's product. Infact, given the size of the facility, I believe the dont have a whole lot of room to stockpile finished sets that are ready to go out, so they would rather get them out to make room for the next batch coming back from ano.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    This. So much this. I have made 3 orders with ATRS, it was the most painless process I have ever had so long as you are patient and don't harass them. I never contacted them during the manufacturing of my items, and all were provided to me in as timely of a manner and as close to on schedule as feasibly possible provided the circumstances with the odd equiptment failure or on the case of my MV the proof barrel took a while to cross the border.

Rick's shop is run by a bunch of class act individuals that have a reputation to maintain, and they have nothing to gain by holding up production or with holding delivery of customer's product. Infact, given the size of the facility, I believe the dont have a whole lot of room to stockpile finished sets that are ready to go out, so they would rather get them out to make room for the next batch coming back from ano.
    I just hoped they would have been more realistic about their projected shipping dates

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 09:15 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/.../fulltext.html

Section 3 (b). He just can’t be dumb, because the lar 15 mag was designed as a pistol mag. Always use the Justice website, the RCMP site is just a “guideline” that’s not the law.

Thanks a lot! He’s still just denying it, the legalese is too hard for him to understand haha
    Hitchvault.ca

My first batch receivers were right on time. My second batch receivers were ~2 months behind schedule for inevitable reasons that were explained to us.

Go grab a beer and chill.
    I must have missed the part where it was explained

I think what ATRS is doing is awesome. Quality takes time. They're not trying to mislead or screw anyone. They're not mass producing these things. Look at all the subpar stuff that's been made to supply the Canadian market (which people complain about) and then look at the MS. I'm sure there are things they could do to speed up production at the expense of quality but they've decided that's not the road they want to embark upon. And do we really want another NEA type deal? No thx. Be happy for options and understand they're a small shop doing what they can and putting out a damned good product. If it weren't for our crappy laws and the constant cloud hanging over us, I'm sure there'd be more people doing this sort of thing but it is risky for them as well (more so, really).
    Member of CSSA, NFA, CFFR and OFAH

My first batch receivers were right on time. My second batch receivers were ~2 months behind schedule for inevitable reasons that were explained to us.

Go grab a beer and chill.
    Same same. I lost count of how many beers I've had throughout the process through, which was good because I noticed/felt zero delays at all even if there were any. Sat back and chilled with my feet up, next thing you know Dustin emailed and my Xmas is now going to be awesome.

I had zero hesitation with full payment upfront.

These guys went as far as manually wiping out my credit card digits from email correspondences for PCI-Compliance. Super extra mile that I did not expect.

ATRS is a first rate shop.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by cdndfs View Post
    I think what ATRS is doing is awesome. Quality takes time. They're not trying to mislead or screw anyone. They're not mass producing these things. Look at all the subpar stuff that's been made to supply the Canadian market (which people complain about) and then look at the MS. I'm sure there are things they could do to speed up production at the expense of quality but they've decided that's not the road they want to embark upon. And do we really want another NEA type deal? No thx. Be happy for options and understand they're a small shop doing what they can and putting out a damned good product. If it weren't for our crappy laws and the constant cloud hanging over us, I'm sure there'd be more people doing this sort of thing but it is risky for them as well (more so, really).
    I’m not saying there trying to screw anyone , all I’m saying is they should have been more realistic with the projected delivery times. My guess would be by the time everything is shipped they will
    Be roughly 3 months behind which on a 9 month projected wait is 1/3 . But anytime you bring this up people jump all over you telling you to relax? Relax because I’m curious where my 1k investment is ? For the record I have never called , or emailed to inquire about the status of my receiver set but if I didn’t stumble upon this website I would have been completely in the dark

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 09:16 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

[QUOTE=jiffx2781;16506302]Nobody is jumping all over you. We're simply reassuring you that you are dealing with a top notch company that has everything they can control under control.

You may not have all the info because you are new here so we're pointing out that they have been 110% upfront when things happened that they couldn't control.

You have no need to worry with these guys. Grab a beer, sit back and relax...

Thank you , I must admit I didn’t read threw the other threads very throughly as there was upwards of 100 pages . I’ve never ordered from ATRS but my SLR experience has left me weary