Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now Offering the HK SL8-4 .223 Rem Euro Version!

I own one. Aside from the usual HK downsides (expensive, proprietary parts) and weird ergonomics I enjoy it. It's an accurate and reliable gun. I wouldn't be schlepping it around in the woods, but if you're buying one for that purpose you might want to do some more research...

Most people who keep bashing the G36 have never carried one operationally. It's the most reliable combat rifle ever produced. 24000 rounds fired in the Yuma proving ground, no cleaning, no parts breakage, no malfunctions and most importantly (pay attention AR lovers, which includes me...) NO Lubing. No other rifle system in the world can match that performance.
    In testing against all other systems, none could match the reliability of the G36, not the AK, not the SG550 (came close) or any other combat rifle system.

As reported on many, many pages here on Gunnutz, there are Political forces at work on this issue. Not many here understand the anti gun forces at work in the German Government. Anti gun and anti military Minister of Defence, who wants to shut down German weapon production......ect....ect....ect....

Do some research before posting how much one "know's" about the G36 to spare us the wasted time of responding over and over again.

Rich

I see this is returning to the states, any idea if the Canadian versions (double stack) will be coming back as well?

I've been wanting a new one of these for a while now too very interested in one. Everyone wants an insane amount for there Sl8 with like 3000+ rounds in it. I ain't paying msrp or more for used stuff.
    Last edited by proxemus; 03-29-2022 at 09:43 PM.

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    Had one Is was the best thing I ever had ..it was simply the most accurate gun I ever had ...62gr to 75..was a freaking laser beam ...buddy at range offered me waaay more than I bought it for...regret selling it
    H&k is an incredible product...when I ha e the money I’m buying another
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

I also had one...really enjoyed it...put an Elcan OS4 on it...very well designed and top quality manufacturing...

Even had the rare H&K matching folding bipod on it

Sub moa at 100 & 200 with factory ammo - never got around to reloading for it.

I panicked after the OIC and sold it - couldn't stand the uncertainty of the future

Bought a very nice Steyr SSG04-A1 and Kahles 624i (in Spuhr mount)
    (0.5 moa at 100/200/300 with FC GMM)

Don't regret the change but still steamed that I was driven to disposing it.

Name:  81250543-C9C5-451F-9BB1-40688DCCA83D.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  106.1 KB
    Name:  4E9ADA4B-0B8B-4F47-BCA8-C9F239FEA678.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  133.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Platypus View Post
    I also had one...really enjoyed it...put an Elcan OS4 on it...very well designed and top quality manufacturing...

Even had the rare H&K matching folding bipod on it

Sub moa at 100 & 200 with factory ammo - never got around to reloading for it.

I panicked after the OIC and sold it - couldn't stand the uncertainty of the future

Bought a very nice Steyr SSG04-A1 and Kahles 624i (in Spuhr mount)
    (0.5 moa at 100/200/300 with FC GMM)

Don't regret the change but still steamed that I was driven to disposing it.

Name:  81250543-C9C5-451F-9BB1-40688DCCA83D.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  106.1 KB
    Name:  4E9ADA4B-0B8B-4F47-BCA8-C9F239FEA678.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  133.4 KB
    It's same as me I sold. My dmr acr for quiet a bit more then I paid and bought a sauer pantera in 223. It's pretty accurate. But mags suck to get a 10rounder

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Snake View Post
    Wasted money plastic junk that breaks in the extreme cold weather
    Strange considering the stock isn't plastic, so not sure just how familiar you are with this rifle, its carbon-fiber poly and have never heard of one breaking. Any more information on this claim.
    -------------------------------

You know forgotten weapons and others have whole research presentations about how the claims of melting g36 rifles is exaggerated and basically untrue.

Also I don’t think anyone is gonna be shooting this in full auto in the desert anytime soon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QMaze View Post
    Strange considering the stock isn't plastic, so not sure just how familiar you are with this rifle, its carbon-fiber poly and have never heard of one breaking. Any more information on this claim.
    I've seen one break.

It had been placed over a curb with the butt on the road and someone drove a 5 tonne over it.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast