Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now Offering the HK SL8-4 .223 Rem Euro Version!

Last edited by ironjaws; 06-03-2022 at 10:01 PM.
    Member of CCFR.

yes i did, its also fussy on what ammo it will work with, too light of a hammer strike to fire milsurp ammo, yes its accurate, but not if you get it hot

Quote Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
    So the 4 has a double stack magazine same a g36? does anyone know if its possible to thread the barrel on these?
    i think you have to remove a couple of tabs so the g36 mags will work in a sl8. there is a good thread on here all about sl8's.

Its a bull barrel so its possible to have it threaded. As for the mags, I installed a 416 magwell to get away from the proprietary mags (bolt catch still works as well). Out of all the ammo (including milsurp) I've fed my SL8-5, I've never had any misfire issues. Everyone has different experiences I guess.

CGN frequent flyer Liquid_Snake's Avatar
    Wasted money plastic junk that breaks in the extreme cold weather

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dothedr3w View Post
    its a bogus gun.... owned one, look up the issues the Germans had with the g36 under sustained fire..... bogus....
    Yep, the sustained fire you can generate with those evil 5 round mags is sure to affect the rifle - where did they put that face palm thing again?
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    Yep, the sustained fire you can generate with those evil 5 round mags is sure to affect the rifle - where did they put that face palm thing again?
    That is like saying buying an expensive sports car but knowing the car's engine will shut off during long period @ 140KM/Hr and tell yourself that car is perfectly fine in Canada since you always obey the speed limit and the highest speed limit in Canada is 120KM/Hr.

btw... I found the thing you are looking for

CGN Ultra frequent flyer acrashb's Avatar
    These are good guns.

If you get them too hot they'll melt. If you get an AK-47 too hot the foregrip will catch fire; If you get an AR-15 too hot the gas tube will melt and sag / explode.

As for breaking in extreme cold, I recommend not using this gun on Pluto.

Otherwise it's fine. Fairly accurate, really reliable (mine was fine with SA mulsurp and anything else I put in it), easy to clean, and modifiable with enough patience and money.

And yes I owned one.
    "THINK" - Watson

My semi-famous progressive reloading video, and getting-there high-volume 223 video.

My less-famous "common questions and answers" page - pics and text. Primer crimp removal, case trimming, etc.

The falsehoods being perpetuated about the G36 in this thread are the same old "HK hate" that has been floating around ever since the US State Dept first made the importation of military-configuration HK firearms difficult for our American cousins to the South. The "Melty and inaccurate" conjecture is an outright lie that has been exhaustively debunked by no less than MG Jesus himself. If the people repeating this myth put nearly as much time searching for the truth as they do regurgitating this garbage, the lie would finally be put to bed. As for breakage in cold weather? That is a new one that I had not heard before today. Possibly based on the C7/C8 Thermold magazine failures of years gone by, this additional myth regarding the G3 is just that - unsubstantiated rumour-mongering. By all means, show me the data concerning the G36 and cold-weather failures, if you can.

Enough with the lies and innuendo regarding the G36 platform. It is a fine service rifle that performs very well within its defined functional parameters. Everything to the contrary has been exhaustively refuted in on-line testing. Some of you really need to update you biases and find a new "villain" to hate on....
    Mark C

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    The falsehoods being perpetuated about the G36 in this thread are the same old "HK hate" that has been floating around ever since the US State Dept first made the importation of military-configuration HK firearms difficult for our American cousins to the South. The "Melty and inaccurate" conjecture is an outright lie that has been exhaustively debunked by no less than MG Jesus himself. If the people repeating this myth put nearly as much time searching for the truth as they do regurgitating this garbage, the lie would finally be put to bed. As for breakage in cold weather? That is a new one that I had not heard before today. Possibly based on the C7/C8 Thermold magazine failures of years gone by, this additional myth regarding the G3 is just that - unsubstantiated rumour-mongering. By all means, show me the data concerning the G36 and cold-weather failures, if you can.

Enough with the lies and innuendo regarding the G36 platform. It is a fine service rifle that performs very well within its defined functional parameters. Everything to the contrary has been exhaustively refuted in on-line testing. Some of you really need to update you biases and find a new "villain" to hate on....
    Well said!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast