Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cadex shooter connects on 4400 yard target!

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    A 1 to 2 MOA target at 4400 Meters would be a 44" (3.6') or 88" (7.3') sized target, correct?
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    Eeeehhh....precision shooting alright! At 4 kilometre distance it is more of a guess work than anything.

According to this link, at 2000 yards it's dropping 200ft. At 4400 yards it wouldnt even be lethal any more.
    LOL...very incorrect!!!

Most rifle rounds even fired at a 45° angle and traveling many many km's will always remain lethal to humans when they finally hit the ground again. We humans are not hard to kill, a .22short is more than lethal at 100yards if it hits a "good" apot so ya
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    So he would miss his target 15 times. You think it’s still standing there ? Those real records are KILL shots. Means they hit the target first shot, or first and second. To compare this #### to that is laughable.

1 shot 1 hit at even HALF that distance is infinitely more impressive than 15 misses.... a lot of you guys on here are just fangirling.

I would bet whoever shot this could ring them in pretty consistent at half the range. I’m no expert but to my knowledge it gets exponentially harder the further you go. Shooting 4000 yards is not twice as hard as 2000. It is is many times more difficult.
    Watch a YouTube video where guys are shooting 4-5000 yards and they take you along on the ride to get the target. It’s quite impressive the amount of time it takes even driving to reach the target. In comparison to a sniper in combat......is anyone keeping track of how many times they missed prior to making a kill? Personally I think it’s pretty sweet.

So he would miss his target 15 times. You think it’s still standing there ? Those real records are KILL shots. Means they hit the target first shot, or first and second. To compare this #### to that is laughable.

1 shot 1 hit at even HALF that distance is infinitely more impressive than 15 misses.... a lot of you guys on here are just fangirling.
    You should probably have a chat with Mr Furlong.

CGN Regular
    Those ridiculous distance kill shots are usually planned and they will take "sighting" shots prior to the target arriving. Such was the case in the one couple years ago. 15 may be a few more but the concept isn't any different.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar

I think you need another bowl of THC before posting. I haven't laughed this hard in a while.
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

At the end of the day I say congrats and nice shooting. Thanks to both Cadex and the shooter for sharing the post. If anyone steps forward to say they made the shot in less rounds, I'd like to hear about it as well but in the mean time I am jealous of a 4km hit regardless of how many rounds it took.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by xyzdog View Post
    As per the Applied Ballistics calculation a 400gr warner flatline bullet with a BC of 0.555 with a muzzle velocity of 2912fps, a DA of 4000 at 21 deg C will give you that energy. It will drop at lower altitudes and temperatures however it will still be a lot of energy. Under the right conditions, that round will stay supersonic to around 2100m.
    Ok. Roger that!
    Il messanger non è importante

at that range, 1moa is 50 inches.
    I doubt the target was more than that in size

Furlong took 3 shots to make his kill so...

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    LOL...very incorrect!!!

Most rifle rounds even fired at a 45° angle and traveling many many km's will always remain lethal to humans when they finally hit the ground again. We humans are not hard to kill, a .22short is more than lethal at 100yards if it hits a "good" apot so ya
    I think the military says 250 ft/lbs to effectively kill a human so that's not much but you can't fire a rifle at 40* and expect it to kill what it hits.

Quote Originally Posted by xyzdog View Post
    At the end of the day I say congrats and nice shooting. Thanks to both Cadex and the shooter for sharing the post. If anyone steps forward to say they made the shot in less rounds, I'd like to hear about it as well but in the mean time I am jealous of a 4km hit regardless of how many rounds it took.
    https://youtu.be/K55ElIZeEnY

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast