Thread: Zeiss/Hensoldt ZO optic

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar

Zeiss/Hensoldt ZO optic

Hi, are these available in Canada new? Both the 4 and 6 power illuminated. Price?

Thanks
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

If you're making reference to the fixed prismatic 4x (ZO 4x30i) and 6x (ZO 6x36i) optics, I would be interested too. They're best in class and much better than acogs both in terms of field of view and eye reilief. The 4x can be found here and there in the US and Europe, but I've only ever noticed the 6x in Europe and that is the more interesting of the two.
    Last edited by Jeclub; 11-15-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeclub View Post
    If you're making reference to the fixed prismatic 4x (ZO 4x30i) and 6x (ZO 6x36i) optics, I would be interested too. They're both best in class and much better than acogs both in terms of field of view and eye reilief. The 4x can be found here in there in the US and Europe, but I've only ever noticed the 6x in Europe and that is the more interesting of the two.
    Yes
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

I would love the 4x30I Illuminated version. A 4x30 non illuminated was on the EE about 6months ago so they must be able to be purchased. I know its possible to import them and depending the country you dont need any special paper work.
    Heckler and Koch - USP Tactical 45 Match/Hybrid LEM - Best trigger setup for any USP!!
    Heckler and Koch - USP Elite 9mm Match/Hybrid LEM!
    Smith and Wesson 1076-FBI 10mm 4.25" 200gr@1225fps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deaus View Post
    I would love the 4x30I Illuminated version. A 4x30 non illuminated was on the EE about 6months ago so they must be able to be purchased. I know its possible to import them and depending the country you dont need any special paper work.
    Tactical imports use to sell the hensoldt version years ago

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    I'd definitely be interested in an illuminated 4x30 ZO. With a low QD mount, if there are mount options.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

I got my non-illuminated Zeiss ZO 4x on the EE for under $1K. That was about a year ago FWIW....

Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeclub View Post
    If you're making reference to the fixed prismatic 4x (ZO 4x30i) and 6x (ZO 6x36i) optics, I would be interested too. They're best in class and much better than acogs both in terms of field of view and eye reilief. The 4x can be found here and there in the US and Europe, but I've only ever noticed the 6x in Europe and that is the more interesting of the two.
    How do they compare to the elcan os4x?

Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    How do they compare to the elcan os4x?
    I'd rate them about equal in terms of overall performance. They both do a good job of satisfying the intended purpose of a robust and compact, short-to medium-range combat optic with a wide field of view, bright & clear glass. practical reticle design, QD mount, and so forth. I'd give the (slight) edge in glass quality to the Elcan OS4x. Both seem to be equally robust, despite the one (Elcan) having external adjustments versus the other (Zeiss's) internal windage and elevation mechanisms. The Zeiss has a vertical Bottom Post with mil-graduated side-bars extending from the central Point. The Elcan comes in one of two available reticles - a Chevron design or a central cross with vertical and horizontal lines projecting in the 4 cardinal directions. The Elcan has a basic (not terribly bright) red illumination feature whereas my (presumably cheaper) Non-Illuminated Zeiss has none. I suspect that the illuminated version works just fine if you can find one for sale. Truth be told, I like both optics about equally well. They both do the job very well.

Mark C