Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Original And Only Legal Expense Provider for Gun Owners

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    K, Question: Obviously any Illegal shenanigans' won't be covered, but what about Grey' areas - is it lawfully "Illegal or Legal"? As in the Ruger 10/22 magz, there was no Actual Law passed through "Parliament". Does it have to to be Law? The RCMP make a determination, send out a letter & put notice online. Is that something that you would defend if someone had a 25rnd mag for example, or other things, that once were Legal, but all a sudden, with no Vote in "Parliament" become 'Illegal' as per the RCMP determination? Allot of people, still to this day, may not even be aware of. Another one I can think of is the 80% items. I believe they are just hunks of plastic or metal, & many were sold throughout Canada for awhile, & not too long ago. At some point, The RCMP determined {them} Prohibited now? If someone had a run in with something like that, is that covered under the Insurance? Is those Announcements actual script Law, I thought to be Law it has to be passed in "Parliament"? I'm not sure, so I may be wrong. Thanks in Advance.
    We can't get into specifics on "what ifs" as every situation is going to have its own unique details. Simply put, Firearm Legal Defence was designed to protect gun owners who follow the law and get charged anyways. Hopefully that answers your question to your satisfaction. Don't hesitate to give me a call should you wish to discuss further, you'll find my contact information above.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    If someone got charged with a 10/22 - 25rnd mag today, would you 'protect' them?

Expired Business Member
    If someone got charged with a 10/22 - 25rnd mag today, would you 'protect' them?
    As long as they weren’t breaking any law and the charges they received were covered under the policy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Thanks for being Crystal'~ clear!
    Last edited by Johnyy; 11-19-2019 at 12:52 PM.

AWESOME! Thanks for being Crystal clear!
    Be very cautious with the 10/22 - 25 round mag issue. The RCMP has stated the mags are prohibited, some believe they're making up laws, maybe true but if the RCMP's pronouncement is actually based on a bill that was passed into law, then you're committing an unlawful act and you will not be covers.

Most challenges to the RCPM's pronouncement have been dropped, to me , that suggests the RCPM may have the law on their side on this one.

Would self-defense be covered under this insurance? I mean it wouldn't necessarily be illegal unless your actions are deemed outside the bounds of the law and charged with murder, as far as I understand it.
    Grabbers can get bent

RPAL since 2019

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivorystate View Post
    Would self-defense be covered under this insurance? I mean it wouldn't necessarily be illegal unless your actions are deemed outside the bounds of the law and charged with murder, as far as I understand it.
    There is a provision for self-defence in this program. You can read the full wording here for the fine print:

https://firearmlegaldefence.com/wp-c...2-Nov.2018.pdf

CGN Regular
    So you only protect people that are not breaking the law. If someone is charged the crown thinks they broke a law until the individual can prove they didn’t. Do you decide before hand if they broke the law or not, before offering coverage?

The court decides if they broke the law or not. Not sure exactly what you cover here. Can you give example cases where this was used

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gvanzeggelaar View Post
    So you only protect people that are not breaking the law. If someone is charged the crown thinks they broke a law until the individual can prove they didn’t. Do you decide before hand if they broke the law or not, before offering coverage?

The court decides if they broke the law or not. Not sure exactly what you cover here. Can you give example cases where this was used
    Valid point: charge implies broken law
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gvanzeggelaar View Post

All claims are reviewed for reasonable prospects of success, as are all criminal defence situations. Should a claim arise, the insurance company refers the claim to a third party criminal defence lawyer. The lawyer reviews the information given and then advises the insurance company of the validity of the claim.

Here are some claims examples https://firearmlegaldefence.com/cate...laims-updates/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast