Thread: PAL mail wait times ::BC::

PAL mail wait times ::BC::

So I was finally approved for my PAL on October 2nd, but my license still hasn't arrived in the mail. My status on the website hasn't changed as well (In progress)

I've been waiting a year and a half for my license. What gives?? Anyone have long wait times in the mail?

They are probably getting around to thinking about considering to try and come up with a plan to somehow get the card printed, maybe. Mail already? You are dreaming.

They are absolutely useless and unaccountable for their delays, if any other job on the planet took a year and a half to look at a computer screen and issue a piece of plastic they wouldn't have a job, the CFO are a joke, a joke that gets paid a good salary of taxpayers money to do sweet #### all. Call your local provincial MLA and get them working for you, unacceptable for any public servant to take a year and a half to do a 10 minute job ffs.
    The only good lefty is a Stag Arms lefty

I will definetely do that. I'm just going to wait until my new Conservative MP gets sworn in, I'll have a better chance that way I think lol.

CGN Regular
    Why don't you give them a call ?
    Just call the 1-800 number and ask to speak to the BC CFO.
    In my limited experience, they seem to have reasonable turn around time.
    Maybe there is some hang up in your application, like they try to call your references and did not get through.

Quote Originally Posted by wai762 View Post
    Why don't you give them a call ?
    Just call the 1-800 number and ask to speak to the BC CFO.
    In my limited experience, they seem to have reasonable turn around time.
    Maybe there is some hang up in your application, like they try to call your references and did not get through.
    Agreed. They say to allow 2 weeks for the license to arrive in the mail. If you don't receive it by 2 weeks, contact the CFO or call center, and they should be able to straighten it all out.
    How do you know that your application was approved? Were you contacted by the CFO? Did they provide their personal office number?

Quote Originally Posted by RYoung View Post
    Agreed. They say to allow 2 weeks for the license to arrive in the mail. If you don't receive it by 2 weeks, contact the CFO or call center, and they should be able to straighten it all out.
    How do you know that your application was approved? Were you contacted by the CFO? Did they provide their personal office number?
    Believe me, I have been through the ringer with these people. I've called the 1 800 number 3 weeks after getting approved, the agent at the CFO said my application hadn't even been approved yet. So I called the direct number of the agent who did my interview and she said it was a "two part process" and that she "pushed it through". It's been about 3 weeks since that phone call and still nothing in the mail. I've never had such terrible service with anything in my entire life.

I posted this elsewhere, but I think it also applies here!
    I got my Restricted PAL in 33 days after they received my application. And this was after getting a letter from them stating that I had left out information. My letter said to call them or my file would not continue to be processed. I called. The chap told me that I could give him the info over the phone, which I did. 4 days later my pal arrived in the mail. Mine was a great experience all of the way through.
    All in all!
    I took my restricted course Oct, 3rd.Purchased my gun and had it in my hands by Nov. 20th. (And I even lost a day getting the gun shop to ship the Glock out to me, as they had a power failure!