Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pre Order Kodiak Defence 180NSR 5.56 Semi Auto Non Resticted

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    Excuse me sir but my system needs to be flawlessly clean at all times to allow me to operate with peak efficiency, when I'm prepping to bust the door down and start clearing rooms I need confidence in my system. No sir my complete lack of fitness, experience, training and critical thinking isn't what's causing my asthmatic wheezing and 12moa groups it's the gap in my rifle.
    Well you can see the piston return spring through the handguard so that part of the system is well exposed (not that it likely matters) and I don’t think there will be interference issues with a folding stock mechanism and the charging handle... look at how high up it is vs the stock..

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    Well you can see the piston return spring through the handguard so that part of the system is well exposed (not that it likely matters) and I don’t think there will be interference issues with a folding stock mechanism and the charging handle... look at how high up it is vs the stock..
    Chuckle, son this is a man's game so I'll forgive you rushing in here like a horny mustang.

You see the tactical gaps above the barrel allow me to use the barrel to light a cigarette while the last breaths of my foes to cool it down. But not only that as a CGN firearms expert I can learn you this here little factoid, dirt in a rifle don't matter so long as it's forward of the magazine, that's the advantage of bullpups.

The folding stock sure is purty and makes conducting a tactical roll out of a moving vehicle far more comfortable. Last but not least you're wrong on the charging handle, an operator like myself can hook my nose over it and charge the system while keeping two hands on it. When the lead starts to fly this makes a real difference yes sir.

Don't you worry though son when WROL happens sheepdogs like me will be there to bring pups like you home safe n sound.

CGN Regular
    I actually prefer the looks of the WK 180C. It think it actually looks pretty damn good. I shot a buddy's 180C at the range this summer....I prefer the side charging handle on the 180c as opposed to the AR style charge handle on this NSR. I do wish the 180C had the bolt catch/release like this NSR does and a brass deflector should have been included with the 180C.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Yup.

Also due to the increased receiver/rail height you can forget about changing the handguard as it will no longer line up with an AR-15 handguard.
    The gas system is the same as it is on a 180C so you can still change out the handguard. I imagine somebody will be out with a riser in short order so you can eat your cake and have it, too.

A lot of work to have an AR charging handle, brass deflector, and a closed system.

CGN Regular
    Price is right. I dont think this is the rifle for you if you are already complaining you wont be able to change out every part on it, i think its more for folks who want an inexpensive black rifle they can shoot in the bush without an NR tax.

I love the improvements- a great v2 for a fun rifle. Seriously considering it at this time, I'll keep my 180C for posterity.

CGN frequent flyer
    In all seriousness would it not be possible to have a WK180-C Mk2 with the ambidextrous safety + magazine release, bolt release, case deflector and left/right hole cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    Chuckle, son this is a man's game so I'll forgive you rushing in here like a horny mustang.

You see the tactical gaps above the barrel allow me to use the barrel to light a cigarette while the last breaths of my foes to cool it down. But not only that as a CGN firearms expert I can learn you this here little factoid, dirt in a rifle don't matter so long as it's forward of the magazine, that's the advantage of bullpups.

The folding stock sure is purty and makes conducting a tactical roll out of a moving vehicle far more comfortable. Last but not least you're wrong on the charging handle, an operator like myself can hook my nose over it and charge the system while keeping two hands on it. When the lead starts to fly this makes a real difference yes sir.

Don't you worry though son when WROL happens sheepdogs like me will be there to bring pups like you home safe n sound.

You ever think about writing a book? screenplay? , You missed your true calling.......
    CSSA / CCFR / CPC (almost to the point of walking away)

Tag

Wow...what an abomination. Additional cost and weight, just so to accept an AR charging handle. Who was asking for this? The side mounted charging handle was fine, it just needed a spring detent rather than the magnet.

I think we would have all much rather seen this time and effort go into the development of a proper stock for the original WK-180. Ditch the buffer tube, clunky adapter, and AR stock, it doesn't suit the rifle and the length of pull is way too long.

This is a huge fail IMO.
    "A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust." - James Madison