Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pre Order Kodiak Defence 180NSR 5.56 Semi Auto Non Resticted

Since we aren't getting any answers to these questions, I looked at the picture a bit closer with WK in hand.
    When you look at the piston system, ejection port compared to the top rail, it becomes clear what this main change entails. More so than redesign the upper to have that bevel up top (which does fix the issue of things not having clearance on the top rail, as would a 1/4" bevel on the original receivers top edge) they have simply added a 0.5"-0.75" or so triangle/trapezoid on top of the entire receiver which the rail then sits on. Doesn't this means that all the AR height optics will be that additional height difference higher than designed for?. They could make a shorter iron sight and shorter riser mounts for red dots but that really doesn't work with the concept of being able to use the vast array of optics already out for the AR. If my scope was that much higher I'd be looking for lower mounts, this design basically has a .500-.750 riser permanently built onto the entire rifle. AR 45 offset irons wouldn't line up with the barrel. I was under the impression that using AR15 rail height/bore distance was intentional to keep this rifle compatible with AR15 accessories/optics.

CGN Regular
    What do you guys think will happen to resell value of the Wk 180 if production stops on it in favor of the new NSR in replacement?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by iceangler650 View Post
    What do you guys think will happen to resell value of the Wk 180 if production stops on it in favor of the new NSR in replacement?
    They'll go through the roof! Buy now or be forever priced out!

Seriously though - remember what happened when the WK180 came out? Lots of little niggles and teething problems. Probably be the same with this. So decide for yourself, do you want a platform with the harder edges smoothed off (WK180) or a fresh looking platform that may have some 'sharper corners'.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    BioPace, all firearms have teething issues.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Not to derail this thread. But I was wondering what the overall thought of the range warrior rifle was? Looks like they are making a similar upper. Is there a thread on this ?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    BioPace, all firearms have teething issues.
    That was the point I made.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

What a age we live in with so many great NR options for 223/5.56! Yet at the same time, under threat this scare mongering liberal gov have over us and our sport.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    That was the point I made.
    Just saying that the trend began long before the WK-180.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Not sure why they didn't spend some time and effort refining the WK180-C.
    Simple addition of trigger fix, ambi-magazine release, bolt stop, removing left side charging handle slot, K type Magpul furniture, non-indexing charging handle.
    Replace the AR-buttstock block with a proper folder to clean up the lines. Voila. WK180-C 2.0.
    When they ran out of sized billet for the upper they could have replaced it with a slightly taller one to get Picatinny rail to within specifications.
    Maybe if time and money was available - cleaning up the lines a little and re-orienting the pistol grip for better straight back pull.

Might spend money on a refined WK180-C. Will not spend money on this..........thing............
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

This wk is not contracted by the same company, hence why it's a different name with different specs. That's why it's the 180 nsr and not the WK-180c. They are not the same.