Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112

Thread: Pre Order Kodiak Defence 180NSR 5.56 Semi Auto Non Resticted

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchyguy View Post
    i am about to preorder one, are these back logged?
    Not a single one has been delivered as far as I am aware, better to go with a regular WK180C or a WS-MSR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchyguy View Post
    i am about to preorder one, are these back logged?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    Not a single one has been delivered as far as I am aware, better to go with a regular WK180C or a WS-MCR
    It's dice roll with the WK whether you get a good one, or one that's bolt body will start to eat the inside of the receiver and/or have pieces break off of it. Probably worth getting the MCR, as it incorporated steel side panels for the bolt body to run against, and I haven't seen any reports of failures in the bolt body or other areas. Wolverine and Spectre are carefully, but feverishly producing new .223 copies of the rifle, to get as many new semi-automatic rifles in Canadian hands as possible, lest further government prohibitions occur. Wolverine gets a shipment every one to two weeks from Spectre, sells some almost immediately on their site, and then sends on some to their retail partners across Canada. It may take a week or two to hit Wolverine or a partner's site at the right time to get your order in, but that will very likely be much faster then waiting on Kodiak. They actually have stock in Valkyrie if you want one immediately in a less popular caliber; I assume its a less popular caliber, since that version is the only copy that has remained consistently in stock. Good luck!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    It's dice roll with the WK whether you get a good one, or one that's bolt body will start to eat the inside of the receiver and/or have pieces break off of it. Probably worth getting the MCR, as it incorporated steel side panels for the bolt body to run against, and I haven't seen any reports of failures in the bolt body or other areas. Wolverine and Spectre are carefully, but feverishly producing new .223 copies of the rifle, to get as many new semi-automatic rifles in Canadian hands as possible, lest further government prohibitions occur. Wolverine gets a shipment every one to two weeks from Spectre, sells some almost immediately on their site, and then sends on some to their retail partners across Canada. It may take a week or two to hit Wolverine or a partner's site at the right time to get your order in, but that will very likely be much faster then waiting on Kodiak. They actually have stock in Valkyrie if you want one immediately in a less popular caliber; I assume its a less popular caliber, since that version is the only copy that has remained consistently in stock. Good luck!
    I think it is fair to say that Kodiak is making as many as possible for exactly the same reasons as Wolverine, they both like money after all. I can't think of why WS would be any faster than Kodiak for fulfilling demand, unless you are aware of Spectre vs Kodiak's manufacturing abilities. I certainly am not.

I am not sure if wait lists exist for WK180Cs but it would explain why you personally might not see them as frequently available for sale. Particularly if you frequent one or two sites.

In regards to the eating of the receiver we have to ask ourselves whether it has any functional impact. I for one don't care if it stops it looking pretty, so long as the rifle functions safely. Personally I lean toward the steel inserts as a good thing but have not seen any evidence of a real change, I am open to any evidence.

Bolts wise I agree there have been issues but they seem to have been largely fixed.

All in all Wolverine got to walk away and set up a new manufacturing line and build on many of the lessons learned with Kodiak. It does seem a little unfair on Kodiak that they would have to be the ones picking up the pieces from any original design flaws but we don't know the full story.

My WK180C has had several issues but the customer service has been flawless.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    So this isn't a thing?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Regular
    Dont bother, they will ban this soon as well.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112