Introducing Black Creek Labs BCL-102 Mk7 Mk7X .308Win 6.5CM Non-Restricted Rifles

Which to choose, BCL MK7 or the now slightly older Troy 102? Same price for both on sale at SFRC. Troy has slightly longer barrel and is heavier but that butt stock is so ugly. Is the MK7 going to be as accurate?

I cannot find info about the MK7x, anyone know what is different about it? UPDATE "MK7-X comes standard with a match grade stainless barrel and rifle length gas system." = more cost I guess

Last edited:
I see the black, OD and FDE. Some dealers have a burnt bronze as well yet BCL's website doesn't show it.

Is that an official color as well?

Which to choose, BCL MK7 or the now slightly older Troy 102? Same price for both on sale at SFRC. Troy has slightly longer barrel and is heavier but that butt stock is so ugly. Is the MK7 going to be as accurate?

I cannot find info about the MK7x, anyone know what is different about it? UPDATE "MK7-X comes standard with a match grade stainless barrel and rifle length gas system." = more cost I guess

Neither, buy a stag 10 and stay away from garbage. Theres a reason they are sold so cheap. I'm not big on the idea that just because something is more expensive, that it's better. However, this is truly the case with these. Just save some more and get a stag and you won't kick yourself in the ass.

I feel really bad for BCL. On the one hand I was happy to see NEA hit the Canadian market with a Canadian product. They had their shortcomings, the resolve was lackluster and drove the name into the ground.

Fast forward to BCL amd again, great to see efforts to rebrand and recreate a reputation with consumers. But again, failed due to quality issues, warranty issues, branding etc.

Now we are being told the same product has been revisited for end consumers, but what was missed is any effort to prove that the above previous issues have been corrected. I love the idea of Canadian manufacturers, but I've been scared away from BCL due to the legacy they created for themselves.

I get the mechanics of business, but if you have a problematic product, then provide exemplary warranty support. Instead of driving straight for profits, try aiming to gain market share through customer appreciation.

ATRS did it right, Stag has done it right, BCL has yet to rise from the very mess they created.

Want to sell bcl102 mk7's? prove they are worth their salt. Dont throw it on a Magwell stand and say its improved. Document what it can do. Give it to someone independent to test out. Do something to regain market share through good products and outstanding service.

Good luck.

So has anyone got their hands on a mk7 and tested it out ? Any problems ? Lets be honest, everyone says buy stag but for 800 ish less... The mk7 is very tempting to a casual shooter/hunter. That 800 can get an optic for you. Both guns are 2-4 moa depending on ammo I assume.

Make it with a pencil profile barrel and I'll buy one.

CFAB2EE8-FE7F-4ACF-9B0A-02B8541096AD.jpeg

Attachments

• CFAB2EE8-FE7F-4ACF-9B0A-02B8541096AD.jpeg
    CFAB2EE8-FE7F-4ACF-9B0A-02B8541096AD.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 419
So has anyone got their hands on a mk7 and tested it out ? Any problems ? Lets be honest, everyone says buy stag but for 800 ish less... The mk7 is very tempting to a casual shooter/hunter. That 800 can get an optic for you. Both guns are 2-4 moa depending on ammo I assume.

"I was able to get that half MOA group with the Black Hills and Norinco almost consistently hit from 1-1.5 MOA. Federal was around 1.5 MOA."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B82dgGAJgU2/

qgJQC6k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom