Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: IWI Tavor 7 7.62x51mm 20in Non-Restricted

Quote Originally Posted by Fordtrucks View Post
    my thoughts too, the receiver is polymer ... super cheap to make yet we pay more than what a milled steel firearm would cost
    Actually the receiver is not polymer, it is a block of aluminum permanently encased in a polymer shell.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by transumer View Post
    Why the long barrel? Makes it safer. Any shorter and that rifle becomes seriously more dangerous. And for all of you engaged in the idea of a shorter barrel should look into the mirror and ask, “when did I become so reckless?”

Btw this 160 degree ginger snap Christmas... ah scratch that... holiday latte is delicious!
    The 20" length of the barrel on the Tavor 7 has nothing to do with safety. This rifle is manufactured with either a 20" barrel or 17" barrel and 3" difference would not make this rifle less safe, just restricted. There is little benefit to having a shorter barrel with 308win or 7.62x51mm, because by reducing the length of the barrel you reduce the velocity and accuracy of the round. Your talk of being reckless seems based on opinion over fact and seems rather political.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The TAVOR 7 was designed for the Indian Army 7.62mm automatic rifle requirement to replace the INSAS 5.56mm, and it was planned to be manufactured locally as a joint venture with a local company.

It was down selected to TAVOR 7, SIG 716 and Caracal, that contract was ultimately won by SIG 716 as they submitted a lower price.

So it is not a CQB rifle. The Indian also selected a "CQB" carbine in 5.56 at the same time to field with the 7.62 "AR", that is the Caracal 816.
    So you're saying it should be as accurate as an AR. That's what I was trying to say. CQB may be overstating that point.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SantaClawz View Post
    $3189.99 is excessive, way too much.
    Pretty much what I paid for the 5.56 model when it came out over a decade ago.

More shipment have arrived today and we have updated stocking dealer list. Dealers should receive new stock in a week's time. Thank you.

The long barrel defeats the purpose of a bullpup such as Tavor, looks out of place too.
    Last edited by SantaClawz; 11-27-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaClawz View Post
    The long barrel defeats the purpose of a bullpup such as Tavor, looks out of place too.
    It does look funny, but at 31.7" OAL for the 20" version, it's still quite handy, actually the same length as my 12.5" barrelled 870 with a 12" LOP stock.
    Canada is done, save the West.

Would like to see an accuracy report, are we talking minute of battle rifle here or a little better?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    Neat. But at 1g more than a stag 10... sorry.
    I started to read your comment and thought "a gram heavier and he's bitching about it???" Then realized you meant "1 gee", then it made WAY more sense in my head!

I'd sell my Stag10 for an 18.5" version of this though... I'd get the FDE version, would look nice next to my x95:

Last edited by tharkhold; 11-27-2019 at 03:59 PM.
    'nada

Quote Originally Posted by odsixer View Post
    Would like to see an accuracy report, are we talking minute of battle rifle here or a little better?
    Most of the reviews I've seen seem to get an average best of 1.5" MOA, so not great, although it can do it with M80 ball and is probably more reliable than the various AR-10s and MDR.
    Canada is done, save the West.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast