Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wk 180 nsr

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jonnyboy1014's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    BEWARE OF FOREIGN INFLUENCE
    A Vote For Trudeau Is A Vote For Communist China
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2353593-CSIS-documents-reveal-Chinese-strategy-to-influence-2021-election

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy1014 View Post
    Really? Now they're gonna invent their own mags? Man...
    what are you talking about dude? they were talking about the handguard being proprietary...

Wolverine, I would take a wk180c over one of those ugly things anyday. Left sided charging is simple and fast for reloads. The only wish I have is that the WK181C would come out already.

Hopefully its the exact same lower!

+The trigger will be better
    +The loose charge handle issues will be gone
    +The damage from bass won't happen
    +Increased weather/debris resistant
    +There will be no need for 3rd party brass deflector or bolt release.
    -we should expect new problems to arise
    -the WK180C charging handles are great for lefties
    -Taller receiver and less attractive handguard

All in all It's going to be a better operating package out of the box for roughly the same price.
    The WK180 is meant to be low cost canadian made non-restricted AR. It does that job. If you want works of art with top end parts there are different avenues to go down IMO.
    Lest We Forget

Quote Originally Posted by super_sharp_shooter View Post
    You would need a very powerful subwoofer.

-Robbie L

Is swapping out the hand-guard really all that important?

When I bought my WK-180C, the only reason I purchased a new hand-guard was for the increased length from 10'' to 15'' The hand-guard on the 180NSR isn't missing any functionality, it uses the two most popular attachment standards and has plenty of M-LOK slot. Personally, I don't understand the hate on the look of the new 180NSR. I like it and it's silhouette reminds me of an Bushmaster ACR which is slick.

Quote Originally Posted by super_sharp_shooter View Post
    +The trigger will be better
    +The loose charge handle issues will be gone
    +Increased weather/debris resistant
    +There will be no need for 3rd party brass deflector or bolt release.
    -we should expect new problems to arise
    -the WK180C charging handles are great for lefties
    -Taller receiver and less attractive handguard

All in all It's going to be a better operating package out of the box for roughly the same price.
    The WK180C is meant to be low cost Canadian made non-restricted AR. It does that job. If you want works of art with top end parts there are different avenues to go down IMO.
    You've listed small problems for the wk180 with very cheap easy fixes and forgot the largest negative of the NSR with no fix. The whole concept behind the WK180C was that it utilizes the ridiculously vast amount of AR15 accessories/optics. The whole reason the ar15 has the popularity it does is due to the modularity and ability to make it into whatever rifle you want it to be.
    Using a different bore/rail height means:
    -iron sights are ridiculously high, who's going to manufacture stubby sights? what cost premium comes with these proprietary sights? this also leaves you with no other options even if someone did.
    -45 degree offsets wont work unless if they're custom made for this specific rifle and even then it'll stick out to the side further than the ar's would.
    -red dots will require custom height risers that nobody will make for every red dot out there, even if they did were talking $$. Red Dots with the batteries integrated into the riser will not work.
    -Scopes, even with the shortest rings you can find will still be sitting higher from bore than they should just to clear the rail.
    - Even with shorter risers on everything, now things such as folded down irons, sling or accessory attachments may get in the way of using the optics.

If you think this is a non-issue, take a wk180 or AR15 out and add a 3/4" or 1" riser under the optic and tell me its ideal.

If you like your rifles without optics, this is the platform for you. I'm still waiting on anyone to address why this isnt a deal breaker

Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    You've listed small problems for the wk180 with very cheap easy fixes and forgot the largest negative of the NSR with no fix. The whole concept behind the WK180C was that it utilizes the ridiculously vast amount of AR15 accessories/optics. The whole reason the ar15 has the popularity it does is due to the modularity and ability to make it into whatever rifle you want it to be.
    Using a different bore/rail height means:
    -iron sights are ridiculously high, who's going to manufacture stubby sights? what cost premium comes with these proprietary sights? this also leaves you with no other options even if someone did.
    -45 degree offsets wont work unless if they're custom made for this specific rifle and even then it'll stick out to the side further than the ar's would.
    -red dots will require custom height risers that nobody will make for every red dot out there, even if they did were talking $$. Red Dots with the batteries integrated into the riser will not work.
    -Scopes, even with the shortest rings you can find will still be sitting higher from bore than they should just to clear the rail.
    - Even with shorter risers on everything, now things such as folded down irons, sling or accessory attachments may get in the way of using the optics.

If you think this is a non-issue, take a wk180 or AR15 out and add a 3/4" or 1" riser under the optic and tell me its ideal.

If you like your rifles without optics, this is the platform for you. I'm still waiting on anyone to address why this isnt a deal breaker
    I agree. The reason I bought a wk-180 "C !!" Was because it had the lines of an AR, took AR parts, took AR height optics and had a charging handle I could run on the right because I shoot left. Having the charging handle reversible works for both. This new abomination I just dont get it.

And people asking for a receiver set to build their own... or people saying they will swap out the handguard LOL... just look at the thing.

Build the wk-181c and make uppers so I can buy one...

Or design a better charging handle/Bolt carrier match up...

Makes you wonder what Kodiak is really upto and if it's a system I should stay with. I love the rifle. But with teething issues biting me and how kodiak has dealt with things has left me bitter.
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalSparky25 View Post
    I agree. The reason I bought a wk-180 "C !!" Was because it had the lines of an AR, took AR parts, took AR height optics and had a charging handle I could run on the right because I shoot left. Having the charging handle reversible works for both. This new abomination I just dont get it.

And people asking for a receiver set to build their own... or people saying they will swap out the handguard LOL... just look at the thing.

Build the wk-181c and make uppers so I can buy one...

Or design a better charging handle/Bolt carrier match up...

Makes you wonder what Kodiak is really upto and if it's a system I should stay with. I love the rifle. But with teething issues biting me and how kodiak has dealt with things has left me bitter.
    seems like an upgraded upper for the wk180 is the answer

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    seems like an upgraded upper for the wk180 is the answer
    Already exists, although it cost a bit the RWA wk180 upper is a definite upgrade and is available in most common calibers. My 7.62x39 upper rocks and with the IBI barrel is an accurate piece of kit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast