Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wk 180 nsr

Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    You've listed small problems for the wk180 with very cheap easy fixes and forgot the largest negative of the NSR with no fix. The whole concept behind the WK180C was that it utilizes the ridiculously vast amount of AR15 accessories/optics. The whole reason the ar15 has the popularity it does is due to the modularity and ability to make it into whatever rifle you want it to be.
    Using a different bore/rail height means:
    -iron sights are ridiculously high, who's going to manufacture stubby sights? what cost premium comes with these proprietary sights? this also leaves you with no other options even if someone did.
    -45 degree offsets wont work unless if they're custom made for this specific rifle and even then it'll stick out to the side further than the ar's would.
    -red dots will require custom height risers that nobody will make for every red dot out there, even if they did were talking $$. Red Dots with the batteries integrated into the riser will not work.
    -Scopes, even with the shortest rings you can find will still be sitting higher from bore than they should just to clear the rail.
    - Even with shorter risers on everything, now things such as folded down irons, sling or accessory attachments may get in the way of using the optics.

If you think this is a non-issue, take a wk180 or AR15 out and add a 3/4" or 1" riser under the optic and tell me its ideal.

If you like your rifles without optics, this is the platform for you. I'm still waiting on anyone to address why this isnt a deal breaker
    i took the time to ask Kodiak. Is the logic here sound? i'm but a simple man who wants to plink @ 100,50,25 with irons first and ACOG one day if budget and Turdeau allows. ... wouldn't something like a CZ EVO sight bridge the height problem?

1)" The difference between the rails from the 180C to the 180NSR is 11.24mm or a little less than ½”. Assuming a zero at 200 metres, the difference is slightly more than 1/20 of one Mil or a little less than ¼ MOA. If we shoot using that zero at four hundred metres, the amount the sight would be out is about an inch. (I’m doing the math as I type on a post-it so maybe don’t quote me, but I’m pretty sure I’m doing it correctly.)" I'm not shooting comp so i'll leave that 2)Sight graduations are approximations only. When shooting competitively, no shooter worth his salt is going to use pre-set range adjustment knobs. When doing higher end things using an optical sight, we typically shot “open gate.” (That is to say that we opened the adjustment gate, zeroed at 100, at 200, at 300, at 400, etc., and marked each spot on the dial with a grease pencil; ignoring the 2, 3, 4, etc. marked on the sight.) The bullet drop will also vary between brands of ammunition and bullet weights so it adds more variables to the equation. (ie what ammunition is your sight graduated to?) If accuracy is a deal, you shouldn’t be relying on the pre-sets anyway."
    Lest We Forget

Quote Originally Posted by super_sharp_shooter View Post
    i took the time to ask Kodiak. Is the logic here sound? i'm but a simple man who wants to plink @ 100,50,25 with irons first and ACOG one day if budget and Turdeau allows. ... wouldn't something like a CZ EVO sight bridge the height problem?

1)" The difference between the rails from the 180C to the 180NSR is 11.24mm or a little less than ½”. Assuming a zero at 200 metres, the difference is slightly more than 1/20 of one Mil or a little less than ¼ MOA. If we shoot using that zero at four hundred metres, the amount the sight would be out is about an inch. (I’m doing the math as I type on a post-it so maybe don’t quote me, but I’m pretty sure I’m doing it correctly.)" I'm not shooting comp so i'll leave that 2)Sight graduations are approximations only. When shooting competitively, no shooter worth his salt is going to use pre-set range adjustment knobs. When doing higher end things using an optical sight, we typically shot “open gate.” (That is to say that we opened the adjustment gate, zeroed at 100, at 200, at 300, at 400, etc., and marked each spot on the dial with a grease pencil; ignoring the 2, 3, 4, etc. marked on the sight.) The bullet drop will also vary between brands of ammunition and bullet weights so it adds more variables to the equation. (ie what ammunition is your sight graduated to?) If accuracy is a deal, you shouldn’t be relying on the pre-sets anyway."
    not bad, 1/2" is much less than the 3/4-1" i had assumed it was

CGN Regular
    Better just assume something then write a long winded post hey
    Canadian Gun Cucks

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    The question to this thread was answered in the second post.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123