Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sad day for Nikon Scopes...

Quote Originally Posted by BGglock17 View Post
    I knew something like this up. Some sites saying "no longer available" and no re-stock for a long time had me wondering. Very sad day indeed.
    Picked up one yesterday on Amaz*n and they said more coming in

I think assuming it's a political decision is a little much, most anti-gunners act like hunting is the only legitimate use for a firearm, at least for now. There are hunters in every single country, and nikon scopes as a brand don't have a "tactical baby-killer" reputation, so I really don't see a company throwing away a profitable business like that, at least as long as they aren't outright saying "We do not want to produce optics for murder-sticks." haha. It was probably as said earlier just not doing well in larger markets to be worth continuing since it is a small portion of their company.
    Grabbers can get bent

RPAL since 2019

Well that sucks! All my scopes are Nikon. I am using the monarch 5 and found them to be excellent. Well guess I am researching what’s next !

I was considering a pro staff for one of my 22's... Not so sure now untill I know what the warranty process will be.

CGN Regular
    Terrible news. Love my ProStaffs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivorystate View Post
    I think assuming it's a political decision is a little much, most anti-gunners act like hunting is the only legitimate use for a firearm, at least for now. There are hunters in every single country, and nikon scopes as a brand don't have a "tactical baby-killer" reputation, so I really don't see a company throwing away a profitable business like that, at least as long as they aren't outright saying "We do not want to produce optics for murder-sticks." haha. It was probably as said earlier just not doing well in larger markets to be worth continuing since it is a small portion of their company.
    I suspect your closer to the truth than some of the speculators.

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    Meh, never understood people obsession with supporting an anti company like Nikon that actively donates to anti hunting/ firearm orgs. Good riddance

Can’t wait for fx1000s to go on sale. Need a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivorystate View Post
    Agreed. I suspect their riflescopes were profitable, but they were looking at a lot of investment to continue to be competitive in an an increasingly crowded field and decided to pull the pin.

That's to bad. I have a couple Nikon on my rifles and always thought they were a great buy for the money. Sad to see more options going down the drain.
    "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Only by the name of Jesus! Acts 4:12

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast