Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: Bersa Thunder 380

Any more in the pipeline anytime soon ??
    Thanks.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Any more in the pipeline anytime soon ??
    Thanks.
    We will look to place another order before our paperwork runs out, be sure to shoot us an email to be put on stock notification list!
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Regular
    Very nice pistol I must add!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    Bersa's method of slight alignment is to place the center of the dot in the center of the target -this is how all of their pistols are. So if using typical sight alignment then you're putting top of sight on top of target
    I mean, I could get it if I was shooting a bit low, but I was initially 6 inches low, and when I adjusted my sight picture I was still 2 inches low. I even braced my arms and was still shooting low. Like, I'm not sure if you're familiar with the targets they use at Silverdale, but it's got about a 3" bullseye with a red ring around that that's about 2" in diameter. After adjusting my sight picture such that I was basically lining the bottom of the front sight up with the bottom of the rear notch, I still had to aim at the red ring to get shots into the bullseye.

I bought some Winchester and some American Eagle, and I'm planning to get some S&B too, so that I can try different brands of ammo before I try and say definitively that the gun's shooting too low, just in case it's all Barnaul's fault. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out again before the new year though.

I'll also try and get someone else to shoot it to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Shooting low and left?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    Shooting low and left?
    No, just low. The shots are centred on the target.

I'm assuming the Thunder 22 4 in satin/nickel has a nickel barrel as well?
    Grabbers can get bent

RPAL since 2019

CGN Regular
    Any chance to get the CC version in the future?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Tang View Post
    I mean, I could get it if I was shooting a bit low, but I was initially 6 inches low, and when I adjusted my sight picture I was still 2 inches low. I even braced my arms and was still shooting low. Like, I'm not sure if you're familiar with the targets they use at Silverdale, but it's got about a 3" bullseye with a red ring around that that's about 2" in diameter. After adjusting my sight picture such that I was basically lining the bottom of the front sight up with the bottom of the rear notch, I still had to aim at the red ring to get shots into the bullseye.

I bought some Winchester and some American Eagle, and I'm planning to get some S&B too, so that I can try different brands of ammo before I try and say definitively that the gun's shooting too low, just in case it's all Barnaul's fault. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out again before the new year though.

I'll also try and get someone else to shoot it to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.
    So an update to this situation: Barnaul ammo is actually just that terrible.

I bought 3 other brands to try out; Federal American Eagle, Winchester white box, and CCI Blazer Brass. All 3 of them shot slightly left, which could just be me, but that's also easily fixable because the sights are windage adjustable. Of the 3, Winchester shot slightly low, maybe 1-2 inches, with a standard sight picture. The American Eagle stuff shot more or less point of aim, but the CCI stuff was the most accurate, shooting pretty much exactly point of aim in terms of drop each time. After having shot all of these I went back and shot the Barnaul and, once again, it shot a good 6" low. I had some other people shoot it with the Barnaul and they all also shot a good 6" low.

So moral of the story is, Barnaul ammo doesn't shoot well out of these guns. Frankly I'm astounded that there's that much of a difference, considering they're all 95gr FMJs.

Looks like a fun gun for the range. My lady might want one too for that price point. Anyone own one that can give feedback based on experience?