Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: Bersa Thunder 380

CGN frequent flyer
    So are these mags pretty much just from Bersa, or would Mec-Gar have them as well? Are there flat bottom ones available, or the bottom metal available to have a nearly flush fit magazine?

Of course this comes out like a week after I order a Glock 48 for my wife.... lol oh well.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrome View Post
    Of course this comes out like a week after I order a Glock 48 for my wife.... lol oh well.
    Your wife may actually prefer the G48 if given a choice. 380acp are snapier than the 9mm.
    Il messanger non è importante

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    Your wife may actually prefer the G48 if given a choice. 380acp are snapier than the 9mm.
    Yea I shot a Beretta 84 once in 380 and it was nasty. That said it was a straight blow back just like this Bersa. Any of these old style 380's ie PPK etc will be like that. Now if you look at some others like the Browning 1911-380 and other new designs it ain't so bad. That's because the newer designs are locked actions like most centerfire guns and dissipate the recoil impulse slower. The Bersa has it's place. I might buy one. I think the G48 would be a better choice in a small gun for your wife.

Cheers
    Moe
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.

Not all blowbacks are bad. This is a bit larger thank a PPK so I doubt it would be too snappy. My 9x18 Makarov is likely comparable and it was a nice shooter.

CGN Regular
    You can look on youtube reviews, the recoil isnt bad because its all metal grip/frame, not snappy..

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkStalker View Post
    You can look on youtube reviews, the recoil isnt bad because its all metal grip/frame, not snappy..
    Noone said it was bad, like 50AE bad. But it is snapier than the regular 9mm (Nato) and may not be as pleasant for a female to shoot.
    Il messanger non è importante

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical lever View Post
    Ha, ha, ha! If only that was the way it worked! What a n00b! Kidding... kinda!

If you think a buck a round is ridiculous.. Well you'd be right. 45-70 used to be a buck a round. Not very long ago, a box of Winchester 30-30 was about $14, and I that Federal pack of 3 sleeves I think was about $16 for 24(?). But you haven't shopped for very big loaded rounds or very much "odd ball" stuff. A few years back I picked up some Winchester and Remington .22 Hornet. One of the boxes was $74 for 50!
    The only factory ammo I've seen for my 9.3x57 was like $75/20, and that's still cheap compared to a lot of the big African cartridges like 470NE.

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    Noone said it was bad, like 50AE bad. But it is snapier than the regular 9mm (Nato) and may not be as pleasant for a female to shoot.
    That would all depend on what two guns you are comparing.

I like this gun. Gonna add it to the wish list.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Tang View Post
    Ordered one and 4 mags the day after I found out that these existed. Any chance you can get holsters and mag pouches for these? I know Fobus makes a Bersa branded single-point retention holster.
    We looked into it, but could only get paddle holsters. Belt holsters and mag pouches are in-stock at Amazon.ca!
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Got mine yesterday
    Very happy
    It’s a sweet looking gun
    Now just have to get out and shoot it