Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IBI light weight AR102 Barrels

Same for my CC showing tax/shipping.

And I realized that your website seems very picky about which webbrowser, since it refused an alternative Chrome, during the credit card entry.

CGN Regular
    Would this fit a SIG716?
    Swiss Arms PE-90. Owner

Does Sterling Arms International have anything to do with these barrels besides stamping their name on them? While I trust IBI to make a good barrel the same does not go for newcomer Sterling - they don't have any meaningful online presence or history that I can find.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idex View Post
    Does Sterling Arms International have anything to do with these barrels besides stamping their name on them? While I trust IBI to make a good barrel the same does not go for newcomer Sterling - they don't have any meaningful online presence or history that I can find.
    These are 100% made by IBI for us as we are going to use these to make up Sterling Arms rifles. Sterling only makes components and receivers... for us to make complete guns, we need to source a few things... like barrels. So the obvious choice would be IBI.
    Last edited by TSE JR; 11-21-2019 at 11:34 PM.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    These are 100% made by IBI for us as we are going to use these to make up Sterling Arms rifles. Sterling only makes components and receivers... for us to make complete guns, we need to source a few things... like barrels. So the obvious choice would be IBI.
    Got it, thanks for clarifying. Fix the issues other guys have been having with getting tax + shipping charged to their CC and you'll likely have another sale over here!

EDIT: any indication of how these will perform under moderate strings of fire? I'm assuming they're closer to a pencil barrel in performance because of the weight but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by idex; 11-22-2019 at 12:04 AM.

FYI when you enter your Credit Card information on our web store it does not charge your card right away, it is a pre-authorization only. A Human Being accepts your card payment when fulfilling your order, so final total is adjusted to reflect sale price.

The Shooting Edge

How to Buy/Contact Us:
    Phone: 403-720-4867 or 1-866-720-4867
    Email: websales@theshootingedge.com
    WebStore: www.theshootingedge.com

Want to stay connected with all the latest here at The Shooting Edge? Come check us out on our pages!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheShootingEdgeInc
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/TSEyyc
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtu...WTCnEkiZHyFi-w

Quote Originally Posted by idex View Post
    Got it, thanks for clarifying. Fix the issues other guys have been having with getting tax + shipping charged to their CC and you'll likely have another sale over here!

EDIT: any indication of how these will perform under moderate strings of fire? I'm assuming they're closer to a pencil barrel in performance because of the weight but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
    Because of the stress relieving process, I expect these rifles to have very little movement under "moderate strings of fire". I am building one of these up for myself, so I'll do some testing as well.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Update: indeed, the CC is correct as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by mossler View Post
    Update: indeed, the CC is correct as of today.
    Thanks for the confirmation. The team is trying... this new e-commerce system has been a "handful"... that is for sure.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

As promised,

I've got the IBI barrel in the mail a few days ago, and installed yesterday. So I loaded up a few loads and will post the results tomorrow. Here is my setup, and bullet combos I will be trying out tomorrow.

Stag-10
    IBI 19" lightweight 5R 1-10 twist
    Hiperfire trigger
    Ziess 3 - 14 x 50
    Rear bag with front tripod off table

168SMK
    IVI Case
    Varget 42.1g
    WLR primer

178 ELD-X
    IVI Case
    Varget 40.5g + 42g
    WLR primer

178 ELD-X
    IVI case
    4064 - 39g - 41g
    WLR primer

Hornady whitetail
    180g Soft point
    Factory

Just what I had at home. I have high Hope's that one of these will shoot well.

Chris
    I am proud supporter of the: Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, Firefighters, Paramedics, Border Control
    Basically, if your put your life in danger to better this country, you have my respect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast