Thread: Canadian Historic Military Photo Thread

Canadian Historic Military Photo Thread

We wanted to get a thread going looking back at some the history and lineage of the Canadian Forces. Through the years Canada has sent troops and support into harms way around the world.

We'll share some of what we've found in the archives, but we'd love to see your contributions too! We want to encourage tech-talk, and while we're happy with a little politics, we won't let this thread go too far off the rails.

This space is for period-specific photographs featuring Canadian soldiers or military hardware. We do not want violent imagery, or violent posts, and will take action to remove or edit where necessary. Please remember the CGN is a place with rules.

We're proud to be active on a Canadian forum, and we're proud to be an Israeli company. You can find the IDF Historic Military Photo thread here.

April 14, 1945, in the city of Groningen as part of the Canadian push to liberate the Netherlands from German occupation. Groningen was one of the largest urban battles of the war for the Canadian Army; while Ortona was made famous by news reports referring to it as "Little Stalingrad", Groningen involved five times as many Canadian soldiers in direct combat.

We'd love some additional context on these. Looks like training in West Germany during the Cold War?

Sept 1993 members of the PPCLI in the Medak Pocket, Croatia.

Canadian military personnel playing a hockey game at Imjin, during the Korean War

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahal.org View Post

We wanted to get a thread going looking back at some the history and lineage of the Canadian Forces. Through the years Canada has sent troops and support into harms way around the world.

We'll share some of what we've found in the archives, but we'd love to see your contributions too! We want to encourage tech-talk, and while we're happy with a little politics, we won't let this thread go too far off the rails.

This space is for period-specific photographs featuring Canadian soldiers or military hardware. We do not want violent imagery, or violent posts, and will take action to remove or edit where necessary. Please remember the CGN is a place with rules.

We're proud to be active on a Canadian forum, and we're proud to be an Israeli company. You can find the IDF Historic Military Photo thread here.
    Two on topic only threads .
    One of the only regulated things I like.
    I will be watching both.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...y-Photo-Thread
    Yes I know I need to get a spell csech
    I love this land, but my country has fallen.

STOPnTIME photos

BANNED
    Last edited by Jay; 12-27-2021 at 04:24 PM.