Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the 2019 Legendary Black Friday Sale?

Hello All,

We are sorry about the issues on the website. We did not expect so many people to be hitting the site, and it crashed. There are still a lot of deals left for MDT and Oryx chassis.
    Modular Driven Technologies Corp (MDT)
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MDTTAC21
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MDTTac

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    If it wasn't so frustrating I'd be laughing my butt off. After 1.5 hours waiting using Chrome I switched to Explorer. Bam! Got my shopping cart full of the stuff I wanted no problem. Went to checkout and everything I had in my cart was sold out. God telling me to quit being a cheap SOB I guess.
    Yup, chrome was a bust....not sure what was up but it was not working on any of my computers. Firefox worked just fine, took a couple of tries but nothing like google.

I used chrome to ordered. Albeit in incog mode, so that it doesnt save the cache, alot of time when a website crashed and revive, the browser wouldve had a cache of the crashed site. Even after it is back up and running, it kept saying it isnt.
    Save Hong Kong!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar
    Total bs

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC21 View Post
    Hello All,

We are sorry about the issues on the website. We did not expect so many people to be hitting the site, and it crashed. There are still a lot of deals left for MDT and Oryx chassis.
    Legendary fail is what it was, I waited a year for this sale to have nothing but error after error trying to check out once I was finally managed to get the few higher dollar items i was hopeful for in my cart.

For the lousy 10% off on the items I wanted I’ll happily take my money elsewhere after that gong show.

Was hoping to snag a deal on an ACC Tikka so that the expense and effort of converting to LH would be worth it but alas I was using Chrome and by the time I got onto the site with another browser everything was gone except the 10% discount across the board.

Glad some folks got deals but now I’ll wait until they offer the ACC in LH and buy through a site sponsor with an ongoing veteran discount of 5% and do so without the frustration I had today.

I remember when MDT used to sell the blemished items on their website all year long and I much preferred that, checking in weekly to see if anything was available. I guess this way makes for better publicity but I can’t help but think the fiasco has soured some folk to the brand.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well the error screens and site crash gave me time to help a stranded friend load her sisters busted car on a dolly. 15 mins turned into 2 hours quickly. Thought i was screwed for a good deal. Ordered pizza poured a 4 finger glass of bookers and let that wheel spin. 2.5 hours later it stopped and i got a chassis 2 mags a grip amd the rings i needed. Sure alot of other stuff was sold out and i wish it could have been quicker but im sure there was a bunch of us trying to access that site and im sure mdt doesnt have a huge staff. Prolly a ####ty night for them but ive already got my shipping notice and my gear is on its way. I thank mdt for their efforts. Maybe dealing with the ontario government lines has mellowed me out a bit for wait times
    Sure would have liked to get a few of them 160 dollar chassises for my rimfires. That price i could have them in a bunch of colors lol

Anyway. Thanks mdt

Next year call it the site crasher.
    Pure crap from the Chrome end.

CGN Regular
    Was there a phone in option at all? Would have been easier than connecting to the server out in the corner of that onion patch outside of Mumbai.

CGN Regular
    Card declining on vendor side for me as well. That's rather upsetting this was one of the few sales i really was looking forward to.