Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Provincial Legislature Passed Motion to Support Firearms Ownership

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaskichuck View Post
    No thanks .I don't want to see drunks and dopers walking around with pistols. You want to carry move to the US.
    So much for "location; born free. not a slave." eh?

CGN Regular
    Good for Alberta, would be nice if every province did thid and showed some solidarity.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    If only BC politicians would grow some balls. May have to move back to Alberta!......
    Could not agree more, we are considering a move to Alberta as well.
    CCFR, CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaskichuck View Post
    No thanks .I don't want to see drunks and dopers walking around with pistols. You want to carry move to the US.
    Not sure about drunks but a lot of dopers, gangbangers, hoods, bad guys, crooks, lunatics whatever you want to name them have are and will continue to carry weapons no matter what.
    Member- NRA NFA CSSA CCFR CSC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilia Man View Post
    Can provincial laws overturn federal laws?

What I mean is that Canadian Firearms Laws are in the Federal jurisdiction right ?
    Yes, firearms laws are federal jurisdiction.
    No, provincial laws can not overrule federal laws, but they can work parallel to them in order to increase what we have to comply with, such as Ontario's Ammunition Regulation Act, or Quebec's Loi 9.

That said provincial governments can and often do successfully challenge the federal government on a variety of issues, this just has to be achieved by the political process, not legislative.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    this is an interesting development

time to buy some land in alberta I think.

Thank You Albertans, you give me hope

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Hippie View Post
    Such a shame political parties are a mixed bag of stupid and smart ideas. Brilliant the UCP are standing for gun rights, but they’re the same government that axed post-secondary student funding, cut funding for the board of education, cut essential funding for youth programs and are worryingly trying to fire criminal investigators of Kenney.

Why can’t Canadians have governments that use common sense and morals. Smh.
    I think the education funding issue is all confused by the school boards and schools making it out to be MUCH more drastic than it is. The first time they're cut back even a dollar they raise a giant fuss about "the children", when in fact it's all about salaries and benefits for the teachers. The Calgary Board of Education (CBE) immediately said they'd need to let go something like 250 teachers, which is ridiculous. But they do that as they're largely NDP members and they want to make the UCP look as bad as possible. The Minister of education is talking about getting rid of them and running the CBE herself as they're clearly trying to make political hay out of this.

As for universities some years ago here they said they were going to cut finding for some programs, and needless to say hundreds of students descended on the legislature in Edmonton, protesting that Alberta was going to move into the dark ages, etc etc. It turns out that most of the programs being axed hadn't even had a single student enrolled in them for YEARS, things like "The History of Textiles" and the like. (Yes, apparently that's actually a degree program. Or it was)

So I'm not too interested in schools and school boards complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadbeard View Post
    Isn’t Alberta in the process of appointing a new cfo and provincial police force ?
    I was hearing something about that I don’t remember where.
    I think maybe a provincial CFO but I've heard nothing concrete about a provincial police force. I'd like to see it though.

As mentioned by others, I sure hope Saskatchewan passes a similar bill as soon as possible...

Anyone know if Mike from Canmore has rooms to rent ?
    IPSC CCFR Blacksmithing
    "Usually the problem is between the seat & the steering wheel"