Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Provincial Legislature Passed Motion to Support Firearms Ownership

Im meeting with my AB MLA to discuss the "real world" implication of motion 41 and the formation of AB provincial police and AB gov appointing the CFO.

Uber Super GunNutz Mikehenrybell's Avatar
    The key to our freedom is eventually going to make such actions done in Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    If only BC politicians would grow some balls. May have to move back to Alberta!......
    Might as well move back to Alberta, I'm originally a BC'er and I will never move back to the snowflakes are overwhelming there & it will never get better just worse unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Legal Firearms Owner
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If only it was like the US where each state can make their own laws.
    DG

Let me know how it goes, because I'm not sure how the CFO would do much differently than the current ones.
    DG

Great! Finally a province with some common sense. It's a move in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by gould17 View Post
    If only it was like the US where each state can make their own laws.
    That is why the The US Republic is so much better and a model for Canada. Government reform is needed away from a centralized system.
    CCFR — CSSA

This is important and a reason why gangbangers get a slap in the wrist for carrying an illegal / unlicensed firearm. Just walking out of the house is 7 or things they could be charged with and sentenced 5-7 years. If jailed consecutively we are talking 35 years, if a violent Re offender reverse onus or Dangerous offender should come into play.

In real life it gets plea bargained to say 1 summary conviction of 2 years less a day;quick release for good behaviour and of course generous crEdit for “time served” so less than 90 days jail time.

It’s time this is stopped, political correctness and hug a thug programs might work a wee bit, but I don’t buy it. Repeat offenders should get the consecutive sentences, no plea bargains and we need to go after provincial attorney generals not taking sentencing seriously... ie removed from bench.

Quote Originally Posted by sundog57 View Post
    The enforcement of laws, including the Criminal Code falls within the jurisdiction of the Provincial Attorney General under Section 92 of the BNA Act
    It is within the AG's power to instruct the Crown Prosecutors not to act on certain laws and not to prosecute certain offenses
    If the Government of Alberta wants to make a statement...

Saskatchewan has also said they are opposing the liberal bull#### and are going to protect farmers, hunters and sport shooters.

About time Someone stood up for our rights