Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Provincial Legislature Passed Motion to Support Firearms Ownership

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    We should pen a letter or email Jason Nixon thanking him, and showing the he has our support in advocating for firearms rights.
    I agree.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    Hope SK will follow suit. Well done Alberta!!
    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” G. Michael Hopf

Quote Originally Posted by scott_r View Post
    Hope SK will follow suit. Well done Alberta!!
    Hope Quebecistan will follow suit too -_-
    Peace is the time it takes to reload your riffle- BoB DylaN

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    So what does supporting us accomplish without our own provincial firearms laws? We are still federally governed by federal laws. Are they going to kick a scream if the libs pass assinign legislation. Or are they going to file injunctions to stop the lieberals OIC or whatever they do? Standing with us is akin to sending thoughts and prayers on Facebook. Without being a sovereign state free of federal bulls#!+ and without a provincial police force that is independent from the royal horse corps we cant really do anything. Or am I wrong?
    Definetly see where your coming from. I think however, after the federal election loss we just endured, after all the work individuals and organizations put in to supporting our sport, and the ramped up gun grabbing rhetoric coming from Ottawa and Billy, it sure is nice to have some political backing for once, on a provincial scale, regardless of what the outcome may bring or if it ends up just being moral support and words.

Anyway you dice it, reading those words of support sure felt good. Average folks that dont partake in our hobby and just see overzealous and inflated news stories on social media and state controlled media (CBC) may, JUST MAY, have a reconsidering thought and ask themselves, "well, is it really that bad? Maybe it just is Toronto. Maybe it is illegal firearms after all. Must have some meaning if a Provincial Govt. Is supporting these firearms enthusiasts."

Interestingly, I'm looking forward to hearing Notley's reply. With all the ramped up coverage of rural crime going on in our fair province, she definetly wont win any rural support should she speak out against it.

Just my thoughts. Heres hoping for it to turn into more. Interesting times no doubt. Never thought I'd see the day a provincial government speaks out in support of firearms ownership.

CGN frequent flyer
    Three thumbs up for Alberta!!
    Any policy is a success by sufficiently low standards, and a failure by sufficiently high standards.

A high post count means nothing… A high burned out barrel count means everything…

Someone mentioned "what did Alberta do to accomplish this"....

The changes here has been profound.
    These changes are difficult to quantify and be at the same time accurate,

I have only lived here, in Alberta, so my experience only goes that far.

What I am saying is to no way be interpreted as to what Mr. Nixon and his gang were and are thinking;
    Nixon has in the past been newsworthy; some of it good, some of it not so good.
    He is a hunter, that much is on record; I believe that he is either into sport shooting or a friend of such but don't quote me on that.
    Personally, I think that the insiders know that taking a stand for firearms means that there is enough information to warrant such a statement.
    I think that the province knows that the feds are not going to execute their said plan as was originally drafted because the climate has become too hostile.

There is a big deal going on here; the feeling is very different. It is not the freedom to do and earn as you wish any longer.
    I think that the situation here is much more dire than what is publicized. There is a lot of pain going on.

One reason that a simple statement that affirms what is basically status quo gets such positive feedback has to do with what I say above.
    The changes have been drastic and they taste like crap.

Look how many people found their way to prosperity in the last decades; not Alberta folk but all Canadians that came here.
    And that's OK. It makes me proud to be from here to a certain degree.

The thirst for positive news here in Alberta is overwhelming; that I know for sure.

Great news!

Next step is to isolate Toronto from the other cities in Ontario. Even Brampton's council unanimously agreed that a gun ban is not the solution. All the anti gun rethoric mainly comes from Toronto and Ottawa. Let the gangs have their gun free zones there...
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkin View Post
    Someone mentioned "what did Alberta do to accomplish this"....

The changes here has been profound.
    These changes are difficult to quantify and be at the same time accurate,

I have only lived here, in Alberta, so my experience only goes that far.

What I am saying is to no way be interpreted as to what Mr. Nixon and his gang were and are thinking;
    Nixon has in the past been newsworthy; some of it good, some of it not so good.
    He is a hunter, that much is on record; I believe that he is either into sport shooting or a friend of such but don't quote me on that.
    Personally, I think that the insiders know that taking a stand for firearms means that there is enough information to warrant such a statement.
    I think that the province knows that the feds are not going to execute their said plan as was originally drafted because the climate has become too hostile.

There is a big deal going on here; the feeling is very different. It is not the freedom to do and earn as you wish any longer.
    I think that the situation here is much more dire than what is publicized. There is a lot of pain going on.

One reason that a simple statement that affirms what is basically status quo gets such positive feedback has to do with what I say above.
    The changes have been drastic and they taste like crap.

Look how many people found their way to prosperity in the last decades; not Alberta folk but all Canadians that came here.
    And that's OK. It makes me proud to be from here to a certain degree.

The thirst for positive news here in Alberta is overwhelming; that I know for sure.
    Well said. We are starved for good news here, regardless of it's long term viability.

How do we get BC to follow????

It's a war to remain healthy in a society that requires you to be sick. Russel Band

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    Open carry is retarded.
    It would still be nice to stomp around the bush with a pistol for funsies. And with the number of crime guns we keep hearimg about, personal protection is a viable thought. Since you list "Methbridge"as your location, maybe you could explain how you like your exposure to the meth crowd?