View Poll Results: Is it brilliant or blasphemy?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brilliant

71 56.35%
  • Blasphemy

10 7.94%
  • Brillphemy

45 35.71%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: .410 Shotgun Conversion for AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    Don't these jam more than a 1911?
    What kind of 1911's are you guys buying??
    It is better to have burnt and lost, than never to have barbequed at all

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    YES!

TNA, can you measure the length of barrel from muzzle to bolt face for us?
    It's 18.5 inches. I already went through the measurement confirmation when i put one of these on a PSA stripped lower.
    So if anyone out there buys this upper and attaches it to a PSA PA-15 lower, i made your life easier to get the registration updated quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Junction View Post
    The fact that the AR is Restricted, the whole kit is pointless (it’s only a range toy, and who has $$$ for buckets of .410 slugs?)

Great idea though. Just unfortunate that one cannot use it in the bush.

Not unless if it can be adapted to fit a modern sporter or MDI receiver set
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by responsible_gun_owner View Post
    What kind of 1911's are you guys buying??
    My thoughts exactly. But yeah, this just makes me sad, would be a perfect truck gun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odicious View Post
    It's 18.5 inches. I already went through the measurement confirmation when i put one of these on a PSA stripped lower.
    So if anyone out there buys this upper and attaches it to a PSA PA-15 lower, i made your life easier to get the registration updated quicker.
    Im not sure I understand, an 18.5+" barrel could achieve NR classification.. But is the PA-15 not restricted anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by cody c View Post
    Im not sure I understand, an 18.5+" barrel could achieve NR classification.. But is the PA-15 not restricted anyways?
    Ar15’s are restricted period,BUT....this barrel and bolt carrier in theory could be used on a modern sporter or MDI receiver and be NR
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Ar15’s are restricted period,BUT....this barrel and bolt carrier in theory could be used on a modern sporter or MDI receiver and be NR
    So your saying it will fit on a NR modern sporter or MDI reciever and can be part of a NR rig? The other reference was for the PA-15, and that would make it compatible?
    Last edited by cody c; 12-06-2019 at 01:42 PM.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Make something that fits the Stag 10 in a bigger bore....then we are talking!!!

AR15s being restricted (sadly and stupidly) and .410 shells being both (kinda) hard to find and $$$ (like 2x or more the cost of 12g at 1/5 the size) makes this kinda a no-go for me sadly!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post

AR15s being restricted (sadly and stupidly) and .410 shells being both (kinda) hard to find and $$$ (like 2x or more the cost of 12g at 1/5 the size) makes this kinda a no-go for me sadly!!!
    At $600, you could almost buy a 12 gauge AR15 (derya,typhoon etc...) style Turkish shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post

It makes more sense for them to build for the ar15 platform Im guessing (for US sales) instead of a very small niche canadian market, plus it will work for at least one NR canadian reciever, and the AR10 platform is somewhat limited in selection up here too.

As for costs of shells... Sure, I guess for folks that occasionally shoot at a range, and would shoot upland bird with 410 regardless the attraction is different than those that dump high quantity at the range.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast