View Poll Results: Is it brilliant or blasphemy?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brilliant

71 56.35%
  • Blasphemy

10 7.94%
  • Brillphemy

45 35.71%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: .410 Shotgun Conversion for AR-15

the op posted 18 " barrel and even if the guts may fit into a NR ,there still is the barrel issue

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pmatuk View Post
    the op posted 18 " barrel and even if the guts may fit into a NR ,there still is the barrel issue
    It was already posted it measures longer by someone in this thread
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Need someone to measure it from the muzzle to bolt face and make sure its 470mm or more and I will buy one for my ms

I would rather the retailer confirm this is a regular ar15 upper receiver that has not been modified. Without knowing that, the parts may not swap into a MS or similar upper
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Need someone to measure it from the muzzle to bolt face and make sure its 470mm or more and I will buy one for my ms
    when you remove the muzzle break, it's 18.5 inches from tip to bolt face.
    that's what i gave the RCMP tech and he was happy with it cause they issued my updated registration with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Odicious View Post
    when you remove the muzzle break, it's 18.5 inches from tip to bolt face.
    that's what i gave the RCMP tech and he was happy with it cause they issued my updated registration with it.
    Since you have one, can you tell if it is a std un modified ar 15 upper receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Since you have one, can you tell if it is a std un modified ar 15 upper receiver?
    When you first pick it up it looks like a standard upper but it's not.
    The charge handle and the bolt are not standard. on the bottom of the upper back by the forward assist there is also some flap thing that drops down into the lower. No idea what the purpose of that flap is.

I haven't fired mine yet. The process to get my registration updated from a frame to fire-able .410 took 6 weeks and by the time i got the new registration it turned cold and snowy.
    the upper was loose on my PA-15 lower. I had to do the o-ring trick on the pivot pin to make it nice and snug.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by responsible_gun_owner View Post
    What kind of 1911's are you guys buying??
    Exactly, Even my first Restricted, long ago a beat up Norinco Commander, I paid $175 for, never jammed, consistently shot like 6" high :P, but she never jam!

& I like the .410 upper, but it needs be mated to a NR receiver set.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    The upper is not exactly an ar15 upper.
    the cam pin is slightly different, bigger and the barrel nut is kinda special as it's part of the gas system and is screwed into place.
    I'm sure it could be made to work on a NR platform through some upper receiver grinding and tinkering but out of the box, no it cannot be stripped and built into an NR upper.
    Last edited by True North Arms Corp; 12-08-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ssapach's Avatar
    I tried one through another vendor earlier in the year. I learned the expensive way.

I was happy to get rid of that thing at a loss, and made the new owner fully aware of how terribly it operated.

Maybe I had that 1 lemon out of the whole production run of these things, but it was enough to keep me away from these things for the rest of my life.

Good luck to anyone diving in.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast