Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: ++OFFICIAL PRE-ORDER++MORE COMING++ for GSG-16 9 in. Barrels From Dlask Arms Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyblt View Post
    I've been stocking up on ammo. Cant wait. I'm waiting very patiently
    Admirable. I hate waiting I'll admit.

But, your patience will pay off. We just picked up the first 60x barrels and have set up to finish them this week and next. 20x of them we will keep here to install in complete rifles to sell and the other 40x will go to the people that have pre-ordered in the order of purchase dates. Once I have the order numbers figured out I will post them here.

That is all for now, more updates as they happen.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Super cool I love good news. Cant wait!!!
    Don't miss... I won't...

CGN frequent flyer
    Waiting for complete rifle with 9” barrel
    Cant wait !

I am ready to send you my new GSG. Order 19480

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyblt View Post
    I've been stocking up on ammo. Cant wait. I'm waiting very patiently
    What kind of ammo have you been getting? I ask because some of us who received these barrels have noticed that with the shorter barrel, reliability suffered a little bit with standard velocity or lighter bullets. Before my barrel swap my rifle would run the BYOB Federal 36gr HP HV rounds fine but after the gun chokes about once a mag. The gun however runs like a top with CCI 36 or 40gr minimag, as well with other 40gr HV rounds.

This is not to say the barrel is a bad choice. No, the barrel is top shelf and I would do it again in a heart beat. The rifle is now just a little bit picky on ammo. Honestly no more picky than most semi auto 22's

I believe Jay, a moderator on here found similar results.

Just some info to ponder before filling up your safe with budget rounds.

Cheers
    Moe
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    I have a bunch of old wild cats and then got some semi autos. I also got some quiets but I don't expect them to cycle. those are mainly for the lil badger lol
    Don't miss... I won't...

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    What kind of ammo have you been getting? I ask because some of us who received these barrels have noticed that with the shorter barrel, reliability suffered a little bit with standard velocity or lighter bullets. Before my barrel swap my rifle would run the BYOB Federal 36gr HP HV rounds fine but after the gun chokes about once a mag. The gun however runs like a top with CCI 36 or 40gr minimag, as well with other 40gr HV rounds.

This is not to say the barrel is a bad choice. No, the barrel is top shelf and I would do it again in a heart beat. The rifle is now just a little bit picky on ammo. Honestly no more picky than most semi auto 22's

Cheers
    Moe
    thanks for the info but what do you exactly mean by chokes?

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post

Cheers
    Moe
    I haven't been able to test my 9". I got mine back after my club closed. But I had the same issue as my Stock 16" as Jays 9". A failure to kick the empty out, but chambered a round.

Honestly I forget what gave me more issues than other. But I ran Winchester Wildcat, Federal Bulk, CCI Mini Mags, CCI Subsonic HP, CCI SV. They all shot. And CCI Quiet ( Didn't cycle ) I have 2 bricks of Herters 22LR.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    thanks for the info but what do you exactly mean by chokes?
    Just a jam from lighter blow back.

Cheers
    Moe
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.

BANNED
    Damn. If anyone ever decides to sell their 9" conversion shoot me a pm! Very cool!