Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: ++OFFICIAL PRE-ORDER++MORE COMING++ for GSG-16 9 in. Barrels From Dlask Arms Corp.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    No worries Leigh, I'll keep my pants on... It's that Moe dude & his underwear that I'd be worried about...

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Thanks for the update Leigh...helps a lot.

R

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Not *super* difficult but certainly not a novice job. The two things we have noticed when testing / tuning is to polish the chamber really well and cut the extractor notch properly. Other than that I am not giving advice or instruction on the install in case it goes sideways and you want to hold us liable. Sorry.

I will post a quick picture on how we will be 'pinning' the stocks open. It requires a 7/32nds drill bit and a 3/8" #6 wood screw. Super easy and very discreet.

#1 - Remove the stock from your rifle and set it to the length to make the overall length no less than 660mm when re-installed on the rifle.

#2 - Using the 7/32" drill bit drill through the plastic ring in the location in the picture. It is only about 1/8" thick so don't go too deep. There is a steel washed under the plastic, do not drill through it.

#3 - Screw in your 3/8" #6 wood screw. The tip will touch the steel washer underneath so be careful to *not quite* screw it in all the way or you may strip the plastic and bugger it up.

#4 - Re-install the stock on your rifle and go shoot. Lots. Shoot a whole lot. Piss off a Liberal.

Attachment 357251
    Just as a quick note, I think you meant 7/64 and not 7/32. Should be obvious when you pick up the bit and put it beside the screw you’re using but just to save someone the trouble of buying the wrong bit if they don’t have any maybe.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Paid up for mine today and is shipped. Should be an interesting project. I didn't take the ship my gun to them route because I thought there was too much odd mods done for them to be dealing with and they seem to be overloaded with work and felt guilty sending it in. I will figure it out. Use to be an aircraft mechanic so I should be OK. LOL. Seriously I will have the local gunsmith work with me to get it done in his shop.

Cheers
    Moe
    Last edited by Moe; 03-06-2020 at 11:27 PM.
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.

Has anyone got their LW 9" GSG 16 barrel in, and can comment on the accuracy, and reliability?
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Has anyone got their LW 9" GSG 16 barrel in, and can comment on the accuracy, and reliability?
    According to the Canada Post tracking I should have mine today or tomorrow. Should have it installed by Sunday night. Will report results as things go.

Cheers
    Moe
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    According to the Canada Post tracking I should have mine today or tomorrow. Should have it installed by Sunday night. Will report results as things go.

Cheers
    Moe
    Thanks Moe, Mines on route to them.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    Got my completed rifle in the other day and was wondering if it was supposed to come with a thread protector for the end of the barrel?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrawt View Post
    Got my completed rifle in the other day and was wondering if it was supposed to come with a thread protector for the end of the barrel?
    No.

FYI any 1/2-28 thread .223/5.56 AR-15 muzzle brake fits it.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Regular
    Got my complete rifle on Tuesday and had it out at the range yesterday. Put about 300 rounds through it with 5 failures to extract using Winchester 555 bulk.

I did a quick zero and had about 2" groups at 25m using the cheap plastic sights from prone (no bags or rest) then spent the rest of the time blasting steel within 25m. I'll spend some more time playing with accuracy and trying different ammo once I get a decent optic on it.

This is officially my new favourite blaster!

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post