Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: ++OFFICIAL PRE-ORDER++MORE COMING++ for GSG-16 9 in. Barrels From Dlask Arms Corp.

Big props for Dlask for delivering both in quality and time. You got yourself a customer for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Yes Sir! Got mine back & I'm one happy customer! Thanks Dlask.

So friggen HAWT!!!

Hey guys, I'm back' ish. Very glad these worked out well and everyone is happy.

Jesus Jay that looks wicked man ! Nice job indeed....
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post

Thanks! But you guys @ Dlask deserve the credit, without the 9" barrel the build would not look nearly as cool!

And if folks are curious here are three 20 round groups I fired @ 25 meters from standing leaning against a post.

Top to bottom, CCI Stingers, Federal Bulk Pack, Winchester PowerPoint.

Happy!

Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Now that you’re back’ish when’s the next round of these barrels coming available?
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Thanks! But you guys @ Dlask deserve the credit, without the 9" barrel the build would not look nearly as cool!

And if folks are curious here are three 20 round groups I fired @ 25 meters from standing leaning against a post.

Top to bottom, CCI Stingers, Federal Bulk Pack, Winchester PowerPoint.

Happy!
    Jay would you mind posting a pic of the area where the extractor slot is on your rifle - the barrel area.

Mine is giving me grief with some of the same ammo as you are using.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    Jay would you mind posting a pic of the area where the extractor slot is on your rifle - the barrel area.

Mine is giving me grief with some of the same ammo as you are using.
    Does this work Paul_T??? Rifle is not cleaned yet, I think I probably ran 250 through it yesterday.

Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Does this work Paul_T??? Rifle is not cleaned yet, I think I probably ran 250 through it yesterday.

Perfect thanks - mine must have escaped Dlask without the barrel being cut......

Maybe the new guy worked on it as the 9mm to 1/2-28 adapter was also loctited on

Any comment Leigh? Is it possible some rifles didn't need the barrel notched?

This one has FTE a lot with 1200 - 1260fps ammo which I would expect it to work well with.

If I manually chamber a round then manually extract without firing it seems to grab the edge of the brass but the extractor is not engaged deep enough to really grab it and pull it out as the bolt is brought backwards.

Now I see the notch as per Jay's rifle I can get in there and do it myself but since you guys built this rifle I won't do it until such time as you get back to me.
    Last edited by Paul_T; 03-20-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Couple of questions to those with these barrels installed.

How are these barrels in comparison to the original that came with the gsg-16? Are they heavier or equal to the pencil barrel that i believe comes with the gsg-16? Have there been a lot of reliability issues? And how is the accuracy, velocity, and weight feel after the 9" barrel has been installed?

Gonna buy one IF they are available again anyway, but am curious to everyone's experiences so far as I have only read about a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    Perfect thanks - mine must have escaped Dlask without the barrel being cut......

Maybe the new guy worked on it as the 9mm to 1/2-28 adapter was also loctited on

Any comment Leigh? Is it possible some rifles didn't need the barrel notched?

This one has FTE a lot with 1200 - 1260fps ammo which I would expect it to work well with.

If I manually chamber a round then manually extract without firing it seems to grab the edge of the brass but the extractor is not engaged deep enough to really grab it and pull it out as the bolt is brought backwards.

Now I see the notch as per Jay's rifle I can get in there and do it myself but since you guys built this rifle I won't do it until such time as you get back to me.

'Morning Paul,

Yup, that is not right, my apologies. The extractor notch was missed on your rifle somehow. Please send it to us and we will make it right. As for the thread adapter we usually Loctite them on with just a trace of blue to stop it from vibrating off when firing.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

'Morning Paul,

Yup, that is not right, my apologies. The extractor notch was missed on your rifle somehow. Please send it to us and we will make it right. As for the thread adapter we usually Loctite them on with just a trace of blue to stop it from vibrating off when firing.
    Thanks Leigh - just got back from Post Office. You should have it Wednesday.

I didn't have time to clean it before I sent it......

edit:

Arrived in Delta Tuesday morning, fixed and shipped out Tuesday afternoon. Awesome - thanks Leigh/Dlask
    Last edited by Paul_T; 03-25-2020 at 12:23 PM.