CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shorted 300 rounds of ammo on my order what the?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Why does one have to call? If a store does business online for everyone to see, what is wrong with a customer asking for a problem with their order be dealt with in the same fashion?

People shop online to avoid having to pick up the phone, customers will shop somewhere else if the company can not deal with issues online as well.
    Because people are quick to go on a forum, bash them, get others to not buy from them. Rather then trying to give them a chance to fix it, before bashing them. Mistakes happen.

People shop online, so they can get what they want, vs having to make due. I shop online, because we don't got any gun shops locally.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Stuff happens and online ranting should be done AFTER you give the retailer a chance to fix the problem, not before.
    There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken away. Winston Churchill

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    I don't see a rant, I see someone posting the problem and asking for a fix.

Do you think if the op called, he would have articulated the problem differently to the retailer?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Why does one have to call? If a store does business online for everyone to see, what is wrong with a customer asking for a problem with their order be dealt with in the same fashion?

People shop online to avoid having to pick up the phone, customers will shop somewhere else if the company can not deal with issues online as well.

Do you think if the op called, he would have articulated the problem differently to the retailer?
    Then why not an email first.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Why does one have to call?
    I guess that the point people are making is this. Let's say we work together at a large company and you are the payroll clerk. However, you made a mistake because you gave me the $900 overtime that was someone else's while giving that person my $1200 overtime. Would you rather I come to you personally to explain the issue and let you sort it out (a phone call) or even put through an email that has cc'd our boss? Or would you rather at the monthly whole company meeting I just stand up and tell everyone about it making them possibly question your work? How many people would then jump to conclusions and not trust you any more?

Yes, like Rampart, your work ethic and precision may be near flawless meaning there is nothing to be worried about, so then why announce that one mistake to everyone before using more direct methods?

That is why people get 'salty' about people using CGN to bring up concern before direct communication with the sponsor: too many people jump to conclusions. Rampart has handled this in an excellent way, in my opinion, but that doesn't mean some people might decide this one mistake means not dealing with them. I, on the other hand, see the way this was handled and would buy ammo from Rampart any time.
    The insanity continues...

Sounds like rampart is gonna take care of it asap. Mistakes happen, How a company chooses to correct them is whats more important.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank
    Give a man a bank and he can rob the world

every time I've bought ammo from any retailer its been marked as so.

GunNutz

Then email them, that is the equivalent... You don't go on a public forum. He didn't place his order on a public forum, did he?
    CSSA, CCFR member, former NFA member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

It sure sounds like a rant and nowhere do I see anyone asking for a fix in the original post.

I have no idea how the OP would have articulated the problem over the phone. Unlike you, I don't try to imagine things!

Suppose you sell something on the EE and you think everything went fine only to find out the buyer is slagging you on the forum without ever contacting you about the problem, can't you see a problem with this?
    There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken away. Winston Churchill

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    That's ugly. I'd be pissed to
    TO MUCH FIRE POWER IS NEVER ENOUGH FIRE POWER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast