Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516

Thread: Where is this headed?

The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I was reading about some crazy attempts to confiscate firearms in Virginia. There's talk of boogaloos and yeets and Hawaiian shirts that I do not understand. But people there seem to see a clear line in the sand.

Business Member

I feel our only hope is to shift the argument to the use of OIC. Don't even need to mention guns, just make it an issue nation wide. It's unconstitutional imho and allows the PM to act like a king. The OIC should be abolished, period. Start attacking Trudeau on his "God complex" and irresponsible use of OICs. Make the general electorate afraid of Trudeau or any PM's ability to change their lives in a very negative way with the stroke of a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by ericrose View Post
    I feel our only hope is to shift the argument to the use of OIC. Don't even need to mention guns, just make it an issue nation wide. It's unconstitutional imho and allows the PM to act like a king. The OIC should be abolished, period. Start attacking Trudeau on his "God complex" and irresponsible use of OICs. Make the general electorate afraid of Trudeau or any PM's ability to change their lives in a very negative way with the stroke of a pen.
    Sounds like a valid argument.
    After all, he went through a detailed & lengthy process that resulted in his gun control legislation, C71.

But then this measure by decree.

If this "buy-back" and bans are so reasonable and sound, why wasn't it part of C-71 and subject to that same consultation process?
    "Bait and switch" comes to mind.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Instead of frenzied hand wringing we have to join the Liberal party and start stacking the local constituencies with our own people. We have to do this until we can influence decisions and policy making. It won't happen overnight and might take several elections but with enough votes at the local level we reverse decades of bad gun policy. The bleeding hearts are notoriously lazy and won't do this. However, if we are lazier we can kiss our stuff good bye forever.