Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is this headed?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Why would the gov't be afraid of armed citizens? You mean they'd screw us over even more if not afraid of revolt?

When they did this in 1978/1995, not one supported the people who were loosing out.
    Now everyone is loosing out, it becomes an issue.
    Sitting on the fence was what the Liberal's were counting on, and they were right

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I remember C68 years ago. This will go the same. People will make a fuss, but ultimately will be parted with their property unjustly. A couple diehards will make a fuss and do some jail time. But people would rather sell out a little freedom to avoid a total loss of freedom.

I wonder if we could apply to the US as refugees fleeing cruel and unfair government.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guns and Tackle View Post
    Where is this headed?
    Complete public disarmament, that's where we are headed...
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Billy boy clearly said they would prohibit military style weapons by order in council. I have some very bad news for you if you think you can challenge this in court. You can not. Orders in council can not be challenged in any court. They are a throwback to the time of the divine right of kings to rule the peasants. The firearms act clearly gives the power to prohibit firearms, devices etc. to the governor in council. (Julie) So whether you like it or not their intent is to shove this down our throats while totally avoiding any tie ups in parliament or the courts. He also said military style weapons not just rifles. This opens up the real possibility that all those nice semi-auto shotguns used in 3 gun competitions will be gone along with a bunch of other firearms. If they follow the NZ example they will also ban ownership of any significant part of a banned firearm.
    Thanks for the thoughtful reply. OIC's are riciculous. Wtf
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6

Quote Originally Posted by Pocisk View Post
    Not to be the depressing type but I wouldn't think any of those clauses would apply. An OIC is not a CFO or registrar making a decision or refusal, and (C) is totally irrelevant. Having said that, I'm not a lawyer and hope I'm wrong.
    You're probably right. In any event the government could include a clause in in the confiscation legislation that section 74 is not applicable.

Does anyone know a good source of stastics on gun violence, vis a vis, how many of various types of firearms are used in crime and whether they were legally obtained etc? Do the firarms organizations have these statistics? Do the police? That sort of information would be really helpful in mounting opposition to a pointless and expensive buyback.

To a cross roads! Choose your path, simple really. Compliance or Non compliance.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

CGN frequent flyer
    Agenda 21, Agenda 2030

You guys should watch the Hollywood movie "In Time" starring Justin Timberlake. This movie portrays what our future will become.

LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA