Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is this headed?

Business Member

Where is this headed?

After watching the video I assume that they will be coming out with a law where we are forced to sell/turn over some of our firearms. How do we fight this? Even if you don't own a firearm being taken you should consider that this affects you. If they are allowed to pass this they will eventually come for other types of firearms. It reminds me of the old adage - they didn't come for me at first......
    The question is - where do we start?
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?...BmqHgEbuav9ilU

Liberal/NDP coalition; the worst thing to happen to our country.

Is there any way we could challenge this law and wrap it in red tape so it doesn't become applicable? Or are we not as free as our neighbors in the States?
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6

CGN Ultra frequent flyer The_Sicilian's Avatar
    Where we start is the million dollar question. Can the orgs finally work together or is this still not enough damage to motivate them? Is there legal recourse? Someone mentioned we should all file for a reference hearing under section 74 of the Firearms Act.

I fear if we fail to get it together this time, they will continue to pick us apart and each time it will get easier.
    CCFR Member

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicilian View Post
    Where we start is the million dollar question. Can the orgs finally work together or is this still not enough damage to motivate them? Is there legal recourse? Someone mentioned we should all file for a reference hearing under section 74 of the Firearms Act.

I fear if we fail to get it together this time, they will continue to pick us apart and each time it will get easier.
    Definitely require a lawyer.

74 (1) Subject to subsection (2), where

(a) a chief firearms officer or the Registrar refuses to issue or revokes a licence, registration certificate, authorization to transport, authorization to export or authorization to import,

(b) a chief firearms officer decides under section 67 that a firearm possessed by an individual who holds a licence is not being used for a purpose described in section 28, or

(c) a provincial minister refuses to approve or revokes the approval of a shooting club or shooting range for the purposes of this Act,

the applicant for or holder of the licence, registration certificate, authorization or approval may refer the matter to a provincial court judge in the territorial division in which the applicant or holder resides.

Marginal note:Limitation period

(2) An applicant or holder may only refer a matter to a provincial court judge under subsection (1) within thirty days after receiving notice of the decision of the chief firearms officer, Registrar or provincial minister under section 29, 67 or 72 or within such further time as is allowed by a provincial court judge, whether before or after the expiration of those thirty days.

xxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by BRASSTACKS; 01-29-2020 at 01:26 PM.
    CCFR Member

Wolverine, I would like to ask you the same, what are you prepared to do as a business and owner when it comes down it !?
    Also what are all businesses and owners across Canada preparing for what’s approaching to the matter !?
    Thanks

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guns and Tackle View Post
    Definitely require a lawyer.

74 (1) Subject to subsection (2), where

(a) a chief firearms officer or the Registrar refuses to issue or revokes a licence, registration certificate, authorization to transport, authorization to export or authorization to import,

(b) a chief firearms officer decides under section 67 that a firearm possessed by an individual who holds a licence is not being used for a purpose described in section 28, or

(c) a provincial minister refuses to approve or revokes the approval of a shooting club or shooting range for the purposes of this Act,

the applicant for or holder of the licence, registration certificate, authorization or approval may refer the matter to a provincial court judge in the territorial division in which the applicant or holder resides.

Marginal note:Limitation period

(2) An applicant or holder may only refer a matter to a provincial court judge under subsection (1) within thirty days after receiving notice of the decision of the chief firearms officer, Registrar or provincial minister under section 29, 67 or 72 or within such further time as is allowed by a provincial court judge, whether before or after the expiration of those thirty days.
    Not to be the depressing type but I wouldn't think any of those clauses would apply. An OIC is not a CFO or registrar making a decision or refusal, and (C) is totally irrelevant. Having said that, I'm not a lawyer and hope I'm wrong.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALJ99 View Post
    Wolverine, I would like to ask you the same, what are you prepared to do as a business and owner when it comes down it !?
    Also what are all businesses and owners across Canada preparing for what’s approaching to the matter !?
    Thanks
    We are discussing options. That is why I started this thread. Whatever we do it needs to be done by thousands of people - not one business, or Canadian, acting alone, will have any success.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guns and Tackle View Post
    How do we fight this?
    you tell them to get bent when they tell you to hand in your guns
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

CGN frequent flyer
    CSSA, CCFR, NFA, OFAH should all band together, independent organizations under 1 umbrella

Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast