Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Where is this headed?

The police chiefs association has said new bans do nothing to stop criminals. The chief of toronto police has spoken, and tweeted abiut our weak on criminal laws. Maybe our gun orgs should become one voice, and lobbby all our police chiefs to not uphold any new gun laws. Why not work with the police. A law enacted but not enforced is not a law. That would shove $h£t right up Black face and Bliar A$$. I also believe the police might see the logic in actually working with us on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by zman75 View Post
    The police chiefs association has said new bans do nothing to stop criminals. The chief of toronto police has spoken, and tweeted abiut our weak on criminal laws. Maybe our gun orgs should become one voice, and lobbby all our police chiefs to not uphold any new gun laws. Why not work with the police. A law enacted but not enforced is not a law. That would shove $h£t right up Black face and Bliar A$$. I also believe the police might see the logic in actually working with us on this one.
    I hear what you are saying, but I doubt the police would "work with us" per say. I doubt you will find any cops willing to give up their pension and whatever perks etc come with being a cop. Cops are people too, with families to feed..being a cop will keep a family fed for many years, and provide a very nice pension after 20+ yrs of service I am sure.
    Liberal party of Canada- Useless since 1867

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murph83 View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but I doubt the police would "work with us" per say. I doubt you will find any cops willing to give up their pension and whatever perks etc come with being a cop. Cops are people too, with families to feed..being a cop will keep a family fed for many years, and provide a very nice pension after 20+ yrs of service I am sure.
    Yup I’m not losing my job or my ability to take care of my family for gun ownership. Frankly not worth it. I’m anxiously waiting to see what local police involvement these bans will require. There is barely enough LEO for calls for service at many services. Proactive policing like RIDE programs are few and far in between. Time will tell. There is too much speculation and not enough facts at this point.
    CSSA Member

If the liberals were even half as concerned about public safety as they claim to be, then they would be going after root causes instead of the low hanging fruit that is gun owners. The real danger to Canada, the US, and other western civilizations has zero to do with firearms and everything to do with dangerous ideologies that are incompatible with an effective modern society. For example, the Montreal Massacre, the Toronto Van Attacks, and the brutal rape and murder of a young child in Burnaby, BC all have one thing in common and it isn't firearms. Every one of the perpetrators in the fore mentioned examples are individuals whose minds have been programmed through years of propaganda from an outdated and idiotic ideology. People like this will always find a way to harm those they deem as lower caste, regardless of whatever ridiculous laws the liberals may force upon hardworking honest Canadians who are just trying to live the best life they can given the circumstances of an ever changing world. If the liberals truly cared about public safety, then they would be targeting these fanatical individuals rather than the law abiding citizens that built and maintain this, once, great nation of ours. But in typical liberal mindset, they will do what they do for the "likes", root cause be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    I wasn't going against your opinion just posting what has been written like you say "in the past". Like I give a $#it what my neighbors think they have already shown there cards they are the ones that voted to destroy the FA community with there "fanatical ideologies " and unwillingness to listen to truth, but rather to be led by lies while allowing gangs/criminals to dance in the streets. The time will come when crime comes to there door and they will pray that they were taken away in handcuffs instead of an ambulance. I have no respect for these people any longer, with there misguided anger, and there slogans of "love for all hatred for none" if they only looked in the mirror so they could see how ugly they are maybe then they would understand there "narcissism". And may the Gods look down upon them with unbridled mercy as they make there way to the steeples to wash there sins away only to return to there ways the following week, may tyranny and strife fall upon them and there children for there misguided way. Pray they must and pray they will, but no amount of praying will save then from there misguided selves.

The only thing that will save this nation or any nation is:2 Chronicles 7:14. Our nation is falling apart, this is a symptom of a greater problem. We only see a glimpse of the reality around us, most Canadians are too interested in comfort than any sliver of truth. Hence we are where we are.
    Again just my opinion, so don’t get all nasty on my ass. Internal decay and division is typical prior to internal collapse as denoted in history of any nation or empire, or Internet forum. Look how fast people jump on each other in this community and you expect respect from “outsiders” and the government?
    Again just my opinion.
    We all have the right to one. We may cordially agree or disagree but we ourselves will not stand if we attack and devour each other.
    The fact is people’s hearts have to change. No matter if it’s the politics of gun control, immigration, faith or crime or the opioid crisis.

What is seen with this society is weakness and decay in which elected officials choose the quick fix. Blame guns. Blame gangs. Blame religion. Blame the right. Blame the left. Blame the Russians. Blame Trump. Blame “them”! But never ever blame myself for complacency and selfish intent. I believe our leaders represent the people who have nothing more than self intent on their minds. This is not always been so.

Say what you want about Justin’s father and his political leanings. But people loved him as a leader for having fortitude and standing up all Canadians in time of crisis. I lived in Quebec City during the FLQ crisis and even as a child remember it well.

It was a different time then. People we proud to be Canadian. There was less scandal more integrity. Canada was respected. You won’t find Pierre Elliot talking about the POTUS in a gossip session with other world leaders like a bunch of school girls. Justified or not but there was respect.

Yes we are here because of our forefathers but we soon forget what the foundation of Canada was built on. It’s written on the Peace Tower.
    Look it up.
    Again my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by stratosonic View Post
    Absolutely. I'm tired of forking out cash to the CSSA, CCFR, and the NFA. As my memberships expire, I WON'T be renewing. ONE ORG OR NOTHING! I've read and heard all the arguments for 3 orgs but nothing positive has come out having 3 orgs. Look where we are now and there's no end in sight to gun confiscation.
    im with you. ONE ORG or nothing. - This is the TSN Turning point right here my dudes. All this talk of working together - Lets see the orgs put their (our) money where their mouths are.

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Benjamin Franklin

"Rapid fire is the crutch of the incompetent"
    "Loose lips sink ships"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    Yup I’m not losing my job or my ability to take care of my family for gun ownership. Frankly not worth it. I’m anxiously waiting to see what local police involvement these bans will require. There is barely enough LEO for calls for service at many services. Proactive policing like RIDE programs are few and far in between. Time will tell. There is too much speculation and not enough facts at this point.
    Yes and it is also therefore high time we no longer tolerate police using our ranges.

This comes up every range meeting and gets more and more support. There is no place for them and they are always unwelcome thanks to their behavour.

Always unfriendly giving everyone stink eye. Unsocial, non responsive, ignore greetings, ignore RO, don't sign in, dont' bother with ID when off duty.

They do not clean up. Club rules demand it. They ignore it.

Well we can start putting a stop to that. Also would allow new members to join as currently there is full capacity.

They just do not and should not belong to the community.
    Last edited by Milanczar; 12-09-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    Yes and it is also therefore high time we no longer tolerate police using our ranges.

This comes up every range meeting and gets more and more support. There is no place for them and they are always unwelcome thanks to their behavour.

Always unfriendly giving everyone stink eye. Unsocial, non responsive, ignore greetings, ignore RO, don't sign in, dont' bother with ID when off duty.

They do not clean up. Club rules demand it. They ignore it.

Well we can start putting a stop to that. Also would allow new members to join as currently there is full capacity.

They just do not and should not belong to the community.
    You do realize many police chiefs have been speaking out against the bans. Do you realize the police did not enact this legislation? There are tons of cops who are active participants in the shooting sports who are complete opposite of what you described. Maybe your undertone shows when you are interacting with them? I guess we should lump all the problem firearms owners with the good ones since that is exactly what you are doing with police.
    CSSA Member

If it were up to me I wouldn’t stop at banning them from our ranges...I’d tell them to turn in their guns too.

1) Statistics show they don’t need them as they don’t even make the top 10 list in dangerous jobs
    2) They lose their firearms at a rate far higher than civilians showing they don’t take the responsibility seriously
    3) They represent a government that has self admitted to being genocidal
    4) If I am not to be trusted, then I see no reason why cops or other government officials should be

Don’t like what I’ve said? Tough. IDGAF
    Last edited by TheMerlin; 12-09-2019 at 12:41 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guns and Tackle View Post
    After watching the video I assume that they will be coming out with a law where we are forced to sell/turn over some of our firearms. How do we fight this? Even if you don't own a firearm being taken you should consider that this affects you. If they are allowed to pass this they will eventually come for other types of firearms. It reminds me of the old adage - they didn't come for me at first......
    The question is - where do we start?
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?...BmqHgEbuav9ilU

Convene a think tank of selected individuals who would be at the table to do more than argue about the best preservative to bury guns in and how to deal with a criminal charge for refusal to hand over a prohibited weapon. The objective would be to develop realistic short and long range plans to cope with this stupidity while activating our entire community in one cohesive unit.

You folks at Wolverine were way ahead with your charity raffles in support of good causes which regrettably failed to ignite our community. Had it or a similar concept taken off and grown over the past 13 years we would have had an additional and mighty tool to change the focus from scary guns to the people that our community actually represents.

A blueprint FWIW. Too late for this round but maybe worthwhile in future to stop and reverse the downward spiral. One additional tool above and beyond what we use right now.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ism-is-welcome

Last time I drove through Virden (Nov this year) I was looking for your place but was on a tight schedule so I had to abandon the search. I wanted to talk.

You and the CSAAA would need money for any initiative. Maybe open the association up to associate memberships with possibly some token discounts as incentives for members.

Also, the retailers should be encouraged to be the point people for handouts or other methods of making non members aware of the dangers ahead. Yes, there are risks because there are gun unfriendly jurisdictions but the risk of a lack of communication with everyone who buys ammo is greater.

Good luck!
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf