Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATRS Bolt Action Upper? Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    It would probably be like putting a bolt action upper on an AR. It’s still restricted as the lower is the firearm. They would pretty much have to make an entirely new upper and lower combo and make it bolt action. Then go through the whole process of having it approved by the horsemen.
    Okay then why not run with this? New upper and lower configuration that all the AR parts everyone will have laying around could plug into?

I know what I'd be doing if I was independently wealthy.

Super GunNutz
    Who in the fuc wants a bolt action AR??

You guys have already thrown in the towel FFS.

Pussies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Leviathan024's Avatar
    Bolts are boring..semi or nothing
    WTB: HK45C

Messin with the beurocrats.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    Okay then why not run with this? New upper and lower configuration that all the AR parts everyone will have laying around could plug into?
    Just slow down a little here. I know all this ban BS has everyone's knickers all knotted up but there's still no sense in putting the cart before the horse.

For the time being let them spend 100% of their efforts building and putting this vaporware they call the Sporter in the hands of as many people as possible.

When (if) the s#!t flys south they can then focus on plan B.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Shouldn't be too hard. All you really need is a lower with the blocked off recoil tube so the plunger can't interface with the bolt carrier.

Aside from that I have converted my AR to bolt action when I was single loading extra long cartridges.

I needed to convert a charging handle to be able to push the bolt carrier forward on the return stroke and mounted the gas block backwards to block the gas port. Aside from that I've had no issues at all with extraction.

Why wouldn't you just buy a bolt gun and put it in a chassis. Or you can make your AR style upper and a barrel without the gas port and system and just cycle it one shot at a time like a bolt action. I seen someone do this with a SLR they set up for varmint hunting . But might as well just keep it a semi if your using the receivers . But hell if you want to do an actual bolt action upper try it out the more options on the market the better people always want to try something differnt . It cant hurt if you have the time and resources to do it give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    Again, I’m new to this game, but how can you be sure of that?
    The RCMP lab considers the lower receiver as the firearm and the upper receiver is not a control item, a bolt action upper on a prohibited receiver will be viewed as an veriant, perfect example of this is the SIG MCX, the MCX upper will work on an AR lower, but a regular AR upper will not work on the MCX but the lab still classified the SIG MCX as a AR veriant.

The only way to changed the classification is to modified the lower so it will no longer be able to function with a semi auto upper, similar to the Troy PAR where the buffer tube area is milled off so it can no longer accept a buffer tube, but at that point you might as well just buy a new bolt gun.

Ultimately you will never appease the gun grabbers - they want all firearms removed from civilian ownership and no compromises will be enough - the sooner you accept that the sooner it will all make sense.

Case in point, after banning semi autos in New Zealand the gun grabbers weren't happy that the same guns were being converted to pump action so they wouldn't have to be relinquished - they said such actions went "Against the spirit of the law"

h ttps://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/07/11/nz-officials-upset-conversion-kits-going-spirit-law/

With statements like that the end goal is clear.........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast