Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATRS Bolt Action Upper? Possible?

ATRS Bolt Action Upper? Possible?

Pardon my ignorance...

Would it be possible, or is it even in the cards for ATRS to build a bolt action upper that fits into the MS lower? I know these platforms exist (AR15 fitment) and assume these being non-semi autos, clear of any sort of prohibited status?

Asking for a friend

Tagged

When all semi auto are reclassified it will be the lower receiver that will be classified as prohibited, a bolt action upper wouldn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by hbean View Post
    When all semi auto are reclassified it will be the lower receiver that will be classified as prohibited, a bolt action upper wouldn't help.
    Again, I’m new to this game, but how can you be sure of that?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    I recall hearing somewhere that ATRS has built bolt action AR-15 uppers (or complete rifles?) and exported them to one of those cuck countries (probably UK) so they already have experience with this.

Problem we'll face here when putting a bolt action upper on the MS lower is legalities. According to thee almighty Mr. Smith the Modern Sporter lower (underlying firearm, as he calls it) is a semi auto centerfire capable receiver no matter how you configure the upper. Not that I care what he thinks anyways.

EDIT: never mind I thought you were talking about the current classification system. Didn't realize you were referring to the semi auto ban BS. In that case all I can say is good luck with that.
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 12-08-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

It would probably be like putting a bolt action upper on an AR. It’s still restricted as the lower is the firearm. They would pretty much have to make an entirely new upper and lower combo and make it bolt action. Then go through the whole process of having it approved by the horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I recall hearing somewhere that ATRS has built bolt action AR-15 uppers (or complete rifles?) and exported them to one of those cuck countries (probably UK) so they already have experience with this.

Problem we'll face here when putting a bolt action upper on the MS lower is legalities. According to thee almighty Mr. Smith the Modern Sporter lower (underlying firearm, as he calls it) is a semi auto centerfire capable receiver no matter how you configure the upper. Not that I care what he thinks anyways.
    Dlask did this 15 years ago. I remember seeing it in his safe. Said something about not being able to get it by the RCMP as a bolt action.

L
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    There is another company working on a complete bolt action receiver set. I might pick one up but admittedly I'm not overly interested, semi auto ban or not.

I foresee the possibility of extraction issues due to the AR bolt and carrier lacking primary extraction. The first stuck case and broken bolt handle will be all it takes to bring out the pitchforks and torches mob.
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 12-08-2019 at 10:06 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    There is another company working on a complete bolt action receiver set. I might pick one up but admittedly I'm not overly interested, semi auto ban or not. I foresee the possibility of extraction issues due to the AR bolt and carrier lacking primary extraction.
    Yes, S.p.e.c.t.r.e Ballistics is waiting on FRT status of their bolt action receiver set that takes all AR parts minus the bolt (naturally). I think it's called the Light Practical Carbine.
    You need guns to do righteous work, Ajay… for every gun is a bible, for every bullet… a sermon. And he said to them ‘God forth into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.’

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**https://youtu.be/tBj1smlGvCI

https://youtu.be/tBj1smlGvCI

The Kali Key maybe??
    https://kalikey.com/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast