Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stoeger Cougar 8000 Special! $399.99 Dec 14th

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Got mine today!

Fantastic looking gun! Built like a brick!

Why aren’t these more popular? Does anyone else bring these in?
    That is an old unsuccessful model from Beretta, the upgraded version is the Px-4
    You're out!

Quote Originally Posted by Umpire View Post
    That is an old unsuccessful model from Beretta, the upgraded version is the Px-4
    Oh sheesh! This is what I hate about the internet. Anyone can post anything without backing it up.

You’re incorrect. Unless you mean financial success; the Cougar came out about the same time as the Clinton ban. This hurt the Cougars sales because it was designed to hold 15 rounds but would now be limited to 10. The 92 had been out for some time and plenty of normal capacity magazines were already in circulation. Not many people wanted a Cougar, with its size, for 10 rounds.

The Cougar 8045 was adopted by the LAPD after the North Hollywood shootout.

The Beretta Cougar is still aproved for NYPD off duty carry but only under the brand name of Beretta - those are drying up.

Granted the Cougar became too expensive to manufacture, given its metal-construction and precise machining required. The new PX4 is the way of the future with its polymer frame.

Tho the PX4 is a fine pistol, much like my duty Glock, it’s just not as pretty as a Cougar or a 92... thats my opinion.

Beretta moved production of the Cougar to Turkey and pulled the Cougar from their product line, instead production it under the subsidiary company. Beretta did this to cut costs and also so as to not confuse consumers with the PX4 vs. the Cougar - both rotating barrel pistols that might compete against each other for sales in the same market.

Old? unsuccessful? I dunno... The Cougar has always done what it was designed to do, and it does it well.

Business Member Italian Sporting Goods's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Got mine today!

Fantastic looking gun! Built like a brick!

Why aren’t these more popular? Does anyone else bring these in?
    They're a great little gun. Let us know how it shoots!
    Italian Sporting Goods
    804 Renfrew St
    Vancouver, B.C. V5K 4B6
    Toll Free: 1-877-225-4741
    Ph: 604-254-7513
    Email: sales@italiansportinggoods.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12