Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: December 10th 2019 update

[Flame_suit]

I appreciate that things can change, as evidenced by the last few months' events, but hypothetically if one were to place an order today - before the Jan 15 2020 run 3 cut off - when could one reasonably expect delivery?

[/Flame_suit]

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by jacotsmith View Post
    [Flame_suit]

I appreciate that things can change, as evidenced by the last few months' events, but hypothetically if one were to place an order today - before the Jan 15 2020 run 3 cut off - when could one reasonably expect delivery?
    T

[/Flame_suit]
    they said late spring/early summer, but from my previous experiences, it’s always good to add a few months extra to that ETA.
    There’s always a possibility of delays.
    Shipping delays from the US, machinery failures,etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    They've been selling these for some time now, if you wanted one a while ago you could have had one yeah?
    They are cranking them out as best they can.
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    Clarify "if you wanted one a while ago you could have had one" .
    I’ve had one over a year now. If you have followed them for any length of time you could have placed a order a long long long time ago. Get in line or miss out

They have been transparent why the delays happened. The edm machine messed up and ruined a bunch of lowers that had to be remade. As I understand it the edm mag well is the last OP on the lower after serialization. So every lower it wrecked had to be re made later on instead. Then the annodizer anodized a bunch out of sequence. There are always going to be some rejects on final QC when they get them back from ano that need to be stripped and re done. The rear cross bars got delayed I believe. Can't ship them without that. There is always going to be delays. Hell the first run was 2.5 months later than expected. In a perfect world where machines don't fail they would have been pretty close but having an edm machine fail isn't a quick fix.

If you want it right now get on the ee and if you want it yesterday you should have got in on the first run and had it for 11 months. Complaining about "transparency" isnt going to get yours to you any faster. Neither does bugging atrs asking is it done yet.

It's a good thing I don't run atrs because for everytime anyone phoned me about their set I'd add a week onto shipping it, out of spite

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    They have been transparent why the delays happened. The edm machine messed up and ruined a bunch of lowers that had to be remade. As I understand it the edm mag well is the last OP on the lower after serialization. So every lower it wrecked had to be re made later on instead. Then the annodizer anodized a bunch out of sequence. There are always going to be some rejects on final QC when they get them back from ano that need to be stripped and re done. The rear cross bars got delayed I believe. Can't ship them without that. There is always going to be delays. Hell the first run was 2.5 months later than expected. In a perfect world where machines don't fail they would have been pretty close but having an edm machine fail isn't a quick fix.

If you want it right now get on the ee and if you want it yesterday you should have got in on the first run and had it for 11 months. Complaining about "transparency" isnt going to get yours to you any faster. Neither does bugging atrs asking is it done yet.

It's a good thing I don't run atrs because for everytime anyone phoned me about their set I'd add a week onto shipping it, out of spite
    Its not about transparency. it's about good communications and expectations management. Customer who are waiting by the months cannot be called impatient. All they need to do is give date by which they expect to ship all order of a certain run. And if there are changes, they should update the date when last order would be shipped.

Because, right now, I have no idea when i will get my set. I order on April 15th. Dog ate my homework kind of updates are not really helpful. If its 5 months out, say 6 month to be safe to have a margin of safety. Just say 6 months and people will call inquire in 6 months.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamal86 View Post
    I ordered in February I know how you feel. When I ordered I was told they figured it'd be shipped out in sept probably late September. Still don't have the set yet. Dunno when it will come. All I can do is wait and check my email every couple minutes haga
    I don't really care too much. I had forgotten about it. My worry is that they will send me an email to pay the balance and I will miss the email and won't respond in time and my set will go to someone else.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    I don't really care too much. I had forgotten about it. My worry is that they will send me an email to pay the balance and I will miss the email and won't respond in time and my set will go to someone else.
    Basically my only concern as well. I do like coming to these threads and reading everyone freaking out about when they'll get their receiver sets, though.
    CCFR & CSSA Member

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handguns.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    This won't happen. You put money down on it, and that told us you were serious about it. When your set's done, it's yours. It goes in a cardboard box with your name on it, you get emailed and then I set that box on a shelf and email the next person. We go through those boxes later to follow up with customers who did not respond to the emails.

Its not about transparency. it's about good communications and expectations management. Customer who are waiting by the months cannot be called impatient. All they need to do is give date by which they expect to ship all order of a certain run. And if there are changes, they should update the date when last order would be shipped.

Because, right now, I have no idea when i will get my set. I order on April 15th. Dog ate my homework kind of updates are not really helpful. If its 5 months out, say 6 month to be safe to have a margin of safety. Just say 6 months and people will call inquire in 6 months.
    You honestly believe that we didn't try to build in safety nets into our time estimations? 2019 has been... special.
    If I think something will be done in 2 weeks, I say 4-6.
    If I think 4 or 5 months, I'll say 6-8 months.

We have had the wire EDM go down twice, (My EDM ate your receiver is a valid update by the way).
    We have had one fourth axis need to be sent out and completely rebuilt.
    On our biggest machine, we had to replace the whole spindle because the company that installed it did not put a filter on the airline.

We anticipated some machine downtime, that's a given, but we could not have anticipated SO many, and the length of time for the repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Shaun said update like that only cause more delays because people call them constantly and they can't do qc and talk on the phone at the same time.
    This is probably my biggest disappointment of 2019, was discovering this.
    I tried very hard to provide the best updates that I could, photos, videos, etc.

I actually really liked trying to share that progress with everyone.

But the volume of "is mine done?" requests crippled us, and it seems so illogical, that providing updates should cause an excessive demand for updates.

Over New Years maybe I can write up a year-in-review or something. I'd like to put this whole crazy year in a list

CGN frequent flyer
    ATRS,
    I know you cant tell individual order status. But it would be very helpful if you can state the following each week "Percentage of Run 2 order shipped to date".

Just one number each week. Percentage of orders shipped to date from run 2.

Just saying that it has been a long time.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast